Wiring question -- component (long run)

ldrumond

Original poster
Oct 24, 2004
SW Ontario
Can someone straighten me out on this? I need to run a 30 ft component video feed from my a/v reciever located in my equipment closet (literally) to my tv.
I happen to have a spool of rg59 cable. Here is what I was planning to do -- 3 runs of rg59 terminated with F connectors then attach rca converters to the F connectors. Will this work?

ldrumond said:
Thanks for the links -- just so I know -- is there an issue with signal quality using the rg59?

Not necessarily ... it is more over long runs you have this, but the experts (not me) say there is better performance from RG-6, I just have to assume they are correct.
:)

This will work for you as the others have stated. This type of coax isn't ideal video cable though, as it is really designed for working at higher frequencies. I have recently started working with Beldon 1855 "Brilliance Cable" that is designed for video applications and I really like it. It is about half the size of RG-59. Holland makes some crimp connectors especially designed for this cable and they work great. They have 'F', 'BNC','and 'RCA' connectors available also. If you decide you want to purchase these items the link previously mentioned to Smarthome will get you some. Using the Holland connectors requires the use of a special foil bonded version of the cable, Beldon 1855-960.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)