Wiring

sam1070

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 2, 2014
yakima wa
Hello guys Ian moving a Jory downstairs from my medical center and I would like to know cable Dish uses and what tool they use to secure the ends on the cable I am also looking for Ethernet etc cords to wire my house over wire instead of wireless

RG6 3Ghz coaxial, and a stripper/crimper attaches the ends for the coax, and can be picked up specifically for coax at any hardware store.

Reactions: Skytrooper
Dish uses RG6 with Ridgeloc 360 compression connectors. You can use any compression tool you want as long as it is adjusted properly. The ones that techs use are typically astronomically priced.

https://www.perfect-vision.com/WebStore/ProductDetail.aspx?ID=3693

Be very, very mindful of minimum bend radius figures for the specific cable you use and don't deform the cable with whatever you use to secure it; the cable works best when it remains round.

Ethernet wiring using CAT6 and CAT6 compatible terminations should last a good long time.

What is the difference between rg6 avid eg 59 I was at home dell avid saw a huge price difference in them how easily is it to damage the cable or a new cable run do it aunt work

Then why do they even sell the rg 59 only thing I could find is that it used for cable systems and even then k ding understand do you guys have any other reconditions fur cheaper tools. Can use to run my own wire ways to connect then etc

As far as RG59 goes, it will work for previous receivers. Rg6 is just larger, and can handle more data, and the frequencies used are greater. I beleive the frequency for RG6 is 2150 or somewhere around there, where rg59 is something like 1200... I could google search it real quick and give you 100% accurate numbers, but generally speaking the members here will have that info readily available. The Hopper and above require RG6 3Ghz cables, where the Joeys and below can use RG59, with the availability of issues to occur.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts