Wish List! Two remotes for the Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The word in a dish forum is that the 186217 will not pair with a hopper but only the joey but the 186228 will work with hopper's and joeys. I don't know for sure but ordered the 186228 to be safe!!

That word is wrong. I've got several 186217's here paired to 2 Hopper 3's and a HWS with the CUI.

Again, a 40 is a 40 is a 40. Enjoy your additional remote(s). :)

I would say from my scientific study that it is safe to say the two different 40.0 remote control P/Ns denotes the country they were built. I did a P/N check of my 25 40.0 remote controls which includes 6 defectives. P/N 186217 is made in Mexico and P/N 186228 is made in China. I did have one more 40.0 remote but I gave it to my daughter in Texas for her new Hopper 3 system. She will think I am nuts if I ask her the P/N of her remote! :coco

That word is wrong. I've got several 186217's here paired to 2 Hopper 3's and a HWS with the CUI.

Again, a 40 is a 40 is a 40. Enjoy your additional remote(s). :)
I would say from my scientific study that it is safe to say the two different 40.0 remote control P/Ns denotes the country they were built. I did a P/N check of my 25 40.0 remote controls which includes 6 defectives. P/N 186217 is made in Mexico and P/N 186228 is made in China. I did have one more 40.0 remote but I gave it to my daughter in Texas for her new Hopper 3 system. She will think I am nuts if I ask her the P/N of her remote! :coco

I think you are right. Seems there is a third number also.

Why would you want to do 8?
I need 8 remotes because I have a RF modulator on my HWSs. The signal goes out to my home distribution 12 port splitter to all TVs in my home. The TVs are set to watch my main HWS so each one needs a remote to control the Hopper. Plus some rooms have more than one remote. I really wish the limit was 10 instead of 8.

Reactions: JSheridan
I need 8 remotes because I have a RF modulator on my HWSs. The signal goes out to my home distribution 12 port splitter to all TVs in my home. The TVs are set to watch my main HWS so each one needs a remote to control the Hopper. Plus some rooms have more than one remote. I really wish the limit was 10 instead of 8.
I have 5 remotes paired with my H3 and just ordered another one. I have 3 rooms sharing the H3 HDMI output via an HDMI splitter. I live alone, so I like to have all TVs tuned to the same channel in sync so I can walk from room to room without program interruption.

What's your setup configuration like? Are you sending coax through the house? Do you keep all your TVs on the same channel for the same reasons I do?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I JUST set this exact scenario up in Burlington, IA last week. 1 Hopper/Sling running 8 mirrors with an RF Modulator connected to a power amplifier and daisy-chained splitters

A question from an old man!:

Does Hopper3 have the ability to send satellite signal to two tvs via hdmi splitter (same channel at the same time) and Joey2 doesn't or can't?

I have two tvs that are connected to one Joey2 via hdmi splitter. A budget splitter without its own power cord. When I switch to ,say tv B in the other room, I press button B on splitter and start using the second tv. In this case, there is no signal on tv A! The screen is blank and it says 'no signal'.

How do you get the same channel on both tvs at the same time?
This is very handy. When wifey watches a show on tv A, I can sneak in and use tv B and ride my exercise bike while enjoying the same show.

Do I need a special hdmi splitter for this purpose?

A question from an old man!:

Does Hopper3 have the ability to send satellite signal to two tvs via hdmi splitter (same channel at the same time) and Joey2 doesn't or can't?

I have two tvs that are connected to one Joey2 via hdmi splitter. A budget splitter without its own power cord. When I switch to ,say tv B in the other room, I press button B on splitter and start using the second tv. In this case, there is no signal on tv A! The screen is blank and it says 'no signal'.

How do you get the same channel on both tvs at the same time?
This is very handy. When wifey watches a show on tv A, I can sneak in and use tv B and ride my exercise bike while enjoying the same show.

Do I need a special hdmi splitter for this purpose?

Sounds like you have a switch instead of a splitter. A splitter does just that, splits a signal to multiple outputs simultaneously, whereas a switch allows you to select which of multiple outputs it is sending a single signal to (i.e. one at a time). Since you mention having to "press button b", then I'm assuming that it must be a switch...since a splitter would just send the signal to both outputs without any buttons to press.

Edited to add...something like this should do the trick:

Amazon product ASIN B01GCGKAAKView: https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Blackbird-HDMI-Amplifier-Splitter/dp/B01GCGKAAK/ref=sr_1_2?crid=83YJJDLDQVSL&keywords=Monoprice+Video%2FAudio+Splitter&qid=1653140883&sprefix=monoprice+video%2Faudio+splitter%2Caps%2C77&sr=8-2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)