With Dish 622 do I need an OTA antenna?

Modwild

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
I've searched the site and cannot get the right combination of keywords to find what I am looking for, so if this has been covered I apologize.

I was reading the CW HD thread, and found out my CW is available in HD OTA. I don't currently have OTA set up. Is it easy to do? Do I need a separate antenna in order to receive OTA HD channels?

Thanks so much for any responses!

depending on the distance and signal strength, you could start with a set of rabbit ears and uhf loop or bowtie, and work yourself up to something bigger if necessary.

AntennaWeb will tell you what you need.

don't worry this is very easy. use diplexers to combine the signal so you don't have to run an extra coax.

Okay - I've been going TV crazy over the last month. I was unemployed and had a crapload of time on my hands. Now I have a job and I have nothing to do (but am well paid!) so I started seeing what else I can do.

OMG! Thanks, Pepper, for saying rabbit ears may help. I am doing this solely to get CW in HD. Love me some Supernatural. Of course I wasn't home in time to experiment tonight.

I have an OLD antenna from a little TV...hooked it up and the CW in Denver came up! Yay! I'm going to buy a better indoor antenna this weekend. Should be spectacular!

I now have my computer hooked up via s-video, my 622 hooked up with OTA HD and to TVs, and I also split the antenna signal so it goes directly into my TV, as well, so I can record 3 HD programs and watch a 4th! I also have TV 2 out not only going to my back room, but to an alternate input on my plasma. LOL - unfortunately, my TV does not come with a built-in PIP, or I would be in hog heaven!

Thanks Satellite Guys - this site has helped me more than you will ever know. I love it here. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts