WITNESS GREATNESS

This One's for the Fans: Notable Quotes

I woke up this morning very well rested and in great spirits. By darn, what I witnesses last night wasn't a dream after all, it was real!

20 years ago, "The Shot" by Jordan broke the hearts of Cavs fans everywhere. Last night, "The Shot" will have a new meaning to Clevelanders. This shot came at the end of a Cavs game too. It came from a player wearing No. 23 too.

A few notable quotes by LeBron & others on "The Shot: The Next Generation".....

I was going to come get the ball no matter what happened. I knocked down the shot. Biggest shot I've made in my career," James said. "A second is a long time..... As a kid you practice those moments."
"I don't know what to do right now," Mo Williams said. "That was a pretty good game, what do y'all think? The basketball gods love us. That was an instant classic."
"He was born to do that," Cavs guard Sasha Pavlovic said. "I would lie if I said I didn't expect that. That's what he does. He makes all kinds of shots in practice. I believed. I think our fans believed too."
"Golly, Whoo. He's an amazing player," Coach Mike Brown said. "Just to have the wherewithal. Just to have that confidence in yourself. Not too many people could do it. Amazing shot by an amazing player."
"Loudest it has every been in this building was the first year we made the playoffs," LeBron said. "Tonight surpassed that by 10 times. It was unbelievable. You couldn't hear anything but the roar. They deserve it."

The rush you will get from them clinching a championship, may feel anti-climatic after "witnessing" that. Years from now, everybody in Cleveland will have claimed to have been at that game. It's always great when you are there to see it live.

IMO I don't really see what is so great about that shot, that is what he gets paid for.

We all know he can make 3 pointers, so it wasn't that spectacular.

IMO I don't really see what is so great about that shot, that is what he gets paid for.

We all know he can make 3 pointers, so it wasn't that spectacular.

Maybe if you were a fan of the game and knew the implications, you'd understand better. Let me give you a few reasons why it was so amazing...

1. The Cavs were down by 2 with 1 second left. A 3 pointer wins the game.

2. The Cavs were in danger of going down 0-2 in the 7 game series. A loss would all but ensure a series loss. This shot saved the game and possibly the series.

3. The Cavs had 1 second at a chance in victory. 1 second! Think about that for a minute. 1 second to break free from your defender, catch the ball, square up to the hoop, make sure the shot gave his team a high probability of success, rise high enough to avoid the long arms of his defender of 6-10 Hedu Turkoglu and release the shot. All of this in 1 single second.

The outcome, the implications at stake, the time. All of it were some of the many reasons this shot will go down in NBA lore.

Maybe if you were a fan of the game and knew the implications, you'd understand better. Let me give you a few reasons why it was so amazing...

1. The Cavs were down by 2 with 1 second left. A 3 pointer wins the game.

2. The Cavs were in danger of going down 0-2 in the 7 game series. A loss would all but ensure a series loss. This shot saved the game and possibly the series.

3. The Cavs had 1 second at a chance in victory. 1 second! Think about that for a minute. 1 second to break free from your defender, catch the ball, square up to the hoop, make sure the shot gave his team a high probability of success, rise high enough to avoid the long arms of his defender of 6-10 Hedu Turkoglu and release the shot. All of this in 1 single second.

The outcome, the implications at stake, the time. All of it were some of the many reasons this shot will go down in NBA lore.

That's what he gets paid to do, he can shoot threes from all over the court. If it was some guy off the bench who doesn't get much playing time, then it would of been great.

He is a superstar, he is suppose to do those type of things, he is suppose to win games for his team.

I've seen college players do these type of plays, and they don't get paid for it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhaEwfO8S3U]YouTube - West Virginia vs. Pitt - College Basketball 2/7/08[/ame]

That's what he gets paid to do, he can shoot threes from all over the court. If it was some guy off the bench who doesn't get much playing time, then it would of been great.

He is a superstar, he is suppose to do those type of things, he is suppose to win games for his team.

I've seen college players do these type of plays, and they don't get paid for it.
Ok by that sentiment, Kid Sid and the Pens deserve no credit for going up 3-0 in their series. The Steelers deserve no credit for wining the Super Bowl. After all, they get "paid" to do it. :rolleyes:

Look, it was an awesome play. Most of us who are fans of the game can appreciate it. If you came in here to spread more of your anti-Cleveland BS, then that is truly sad. Give it a rest already. Let us enjoy this "one shining moment". As a sports fan, these are the types of plays that we all revel in. For you to belittle it makes you look pathetic and jealous.

Ok by that sentiment, Kid Sid and the Pens deserve no credit for going up 3-0 in their series. The Steelers deserve no credit for wining the Super Bowl. After all, they get "paid" to do it. :rolleyes:

Look, it was an awesome play. Most of us who are fans of the game can appreciate it. If you came in here to spread more of your anti-Cleveland BS, then that is truly sad. Give it a rest already. Let us enjoy this "one shining moment". As a sports fan, these are the types of plays that we all revel in. For you to belittle it makes you look pathetic and jealous.

First off if it was Kobe or any other Superstar, I would say the same thing.

I'm not saying the Cavs don't deserve to be where they are, IMHO I just don't think it's a great play that deserves all the hype it's getting. You are taking things way out of proportion.

Once again when I don't agree with YOU I'm wrong, pathetic and jealous.:rolleyes: You have your fan boys here, so you'll have more people behind you and can follow you like a lemming.

Once again if you don't like what I post, then ignore it or just put me on ignore than you don't have to get sooooooo frustrated over what I post.:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)