WKRP

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
WKRP is going to be on Antenna TV in April. Its nice to watch its has a good programming on there. WANE channel 15.2

Dan Rose

Nice to see it back on the air, but it lost a lot of its charm for me when they remixed the music. I bought the season 1 DVDs and found them to be nearly unwatchable due to that issue. You would think that the music is just background, but it was an integral part of the show. In addition to changing the music to generic elevator stuff, they also changed dialog around it. Johnny and Venus no longer announce groups and songs (since they aren't those songs)

Nice to see it back on the air, but it lost a lot of its charm for me when they remixed the music. I bought the season 1 DVDs and found them to be nearly unwatchable due to that issue. You would think that the music is just background, but it was an integral part of the show. In addition to changing the music to generic elevator stuff, they also changed dialog around it. Johnny and Venus no longer announce groups and songs (since they aren't those songs)

Did they change that for syndication also, or just the DVD release?

yea its a great show, yea they are pretty hacked up and since they shot it on video and didnt seperate the music out they had to use voice actors to fill in some of the gaps when they cut out the music. I was fortunate to get all 4 seasons with the origanal music in tact several years ago. We get antenna tv, metv ad rtv here and I have to say I like antenna tv the best...with uverse would pick it up but I get it just fine on the antenna

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)