WMAR-DT (Balitmore-ABC) showing wrong guide data.

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
WMAR-DT (Balitmore-ABC) again showing wrong guide data.

For the last couple of days, Dish's mapping of guide data for WMAR-DT (Balitmore ABC) OTA has been screwed up for me. Both my 811 & 942 are showing guide data for a PBS station on 2.1 instead of WMAR's correct guide data.

This was working correctly since WMAR was moved from 105 to 110, but since this past weekend, something happened, and Dish is mapping data from a PBS station (not sure which one).

Is anyone else seeing this? And who would I contact to correct it? It is screwing up my 942 timers, as I tend to keep my OTA pointed at Baltimore since Harrisburg doesn't have a WB station.

thanks.

Last edited:
Well, just took a loot and you're correct...guide date for WMAR-DT is showing PBS channels listings. It's not a biggie for me since I mostly watch/record DC locals, but you may wish to call Dish Network at 1.888.284.7116 and report this to technical support.

Dish Network reply (or lack thereof)

Sent an email to the above posted address.
The response was pretty much a blowoff, as Dish does not use PSIP, but still tries to blame WMAR

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in the DISH Network. The dishquality email box is received by the Quality Assurance department; we only handle picture quality issues. Unfortunately we are not involved with billing, customer service, OTA information, contracts or restitution of payments. However, since this is OTA we recommend that you contact the provider (WMAR) directly.

Thanks,

EchoStar Satellite LLC
Quality Assurance Department
dishquality@echostar.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts