WNCN audio dropouts

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
Is anyone else experiencing audio dropouts on WNCN (NBC-17) in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill, NC? On HD shows (Today, Nightly News, Persons Unknown), I am getting constant audio dropouts on just that 1 channel on both my DVRs (722 & 622). The timing of the dropouts seems identical for shows recorded on both DVRs.

I do not get the dropouts on recordings from my OTA antenna or other channels. I contacted Dish, and they said they would investigate, but I wanted to know if I was the only one experiencing the problem. I am on the Western Arc, BTW.

Thanks,
Ted

I experienced drop outs while watching the Last Comic Standing finale. I use optical outs to my old receiver and an HDMI running straight to the TV. It affected the optical but the HDMI audio was fine. It didn't make sense to me..

My 622 uses HDMI and my 722 uses optical, both are exhibiting the same dropouts. I also checked HDMI on my 722 this morning, and the dropouts are there too. Ah well, I am planning to move soon. Given the new Whole-Home DVR service from DirecTV or the Tivo/Cable options, I am probably going to switch providers anyway when I move.

Ted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)