Woah...what's going on here?

Andrewwski

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Looking at the "My Account" screen, I have a statement balance of $123, even though my bill is only $82.99, and my amount due is -$8.00. Last payment was the $82.99 via CC, however it should have been $79.99 because they cut my DVR credit early. I did an online chat and he gave me the remainder of the credits, so that plus a clubdish credit were applied early, hence the -$8.

However, I now have a statement balance of $123. I also notice I'm no longer enrolled in autopay or paperless billing even though I never changed it. Could this be the problem?

My guess is the CSR screwed something up last time...because I still should be on autopay with paperless, especially to keep the Cinemax for a penny and stuff.

Apparently there's no CSR's on chat right now, and the person I just called was useless, told me there were no problems. Then why in the world would I be calling? Not complaining though, it is an odd hour, nobody in this country should be working a CSR job.

Dish has "CSR"'s on payroll 24/7. Whether they can speak your language or you can understand their English is another matter. Seems to be something in the authorization codes going wrong. See other thread: "What the heck is this"

I checked my balance last night. My correct balance should have been $58, but it showed $225. I did the online chat and was told "don't worry, it must be a glitch". It was corrected within couple of hours. My paperless status had been changed to paper as well. Go figure???

I had to straighten mine out a couple weeks ago. I had always been on autopay and paperless billing but somehow they said we missed a payment and they were charging us a late fee. We were also no longer signed up for autopay or paperless billing. That's the 3rd time in the last few months that my account has been changed without me changing it.

Yeah, must have been a glitch, it's correct this morning.

Which may explain the confused CSR, maybe it didn't look like that on his end.

I've been reading a lot of posts from others that are seeing errors with their statement. Sounds like it is just an error in Dish's system at the moment. They were also having problems with smartcard authorizations this morning.

My autopay disappeared also. (Noticed this yesterday before my bill was due, so no harm done other than the annoyance of entering it again.)

My autopay and paperless are fine.

I didn't check my 622 while the problem was happening this morning, but now it seems to take a long time to lock on a channel. Could be my aging LNBFs though. The one on 61.5 won't get half the even TPs anymore. Since I don't watch anything that's affected (internationals and PIs) I'm holding off getting it fixed til I know I'm going to be off work long enough to set up an appointment.

This is why I removed autopay from account,when their system messses up and it does,I dont want Dish automatically taking out wrong amount and then having to fight to get credited back.The benefits lose isnt that big of a deal.I removed Autopay months ago and still have Cinemax for 1 cent.Just I pay Bill on my Own terms when I receive an accurate Bill.

This same thing happened to me. Both paperless billing and autopay were discontinued without any action on my part. Called and the CSR fixed the problem. It is sad that you have to keep checking to make sure that something has not gone haywire.

System still is having problems.

I switched over my account from a Dish NOW! prepaid setup to the newly offered FlexTV prepaid offer. So, in my case, I have no Credit Card, or SS# on file, which is nice(no fear of it getting whacked by accident). So inorder to get anything, I have to pay for it first, then I receive it. So using my online acces to my account, I can pay using a GreenDot MoneyPak(GDMP).

I thought I signed up for paperless billing when I opened the account, but maybe not. Anyway, I changed my option to that in my account.

Anyways, my "STATEMENT BALANCE" in the past few logins(starting on Tuesday 10/6/09), has gone from $411.82 to $0.00.

Now today I go from $82, to $78, to $0, back up to $43(after 4 separate logins and logouts of my account) on my statement balance.

WTF!? Oh, well, i am just glad I have the prepaid setup since Dish considers me a deadbeat anyways, that I can't get any programming unless I pay for it first. And since I have no CC or SS# on file, I know they won't accidently whack my card.

But get your act together Dish. This is still pretty frightening. Was your system hacked?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts