WOAI (San Antonio) in HD by mid Feb

SADishGuy

Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
texas
Below is my email and response to my email from Dish. We'll see if it holds true.
=======================================
Greetings,

Just wanted to voice my displeasure with the fact that the local San Antonio / NBC affiliate is not broadcasting HD through Dish TV.

Unfortunately, I was unaware of this fact when I upgraded to HD a couple of weeks ago. I never once saw (or was told) of this fact when I upgraded. Plain and blatant false advertising.

I am doing my part to make sure all my friends that are looking for a new TV service are aware of this fact.

Rob

Rob,

This station will launch by mid-Feb.

Eric Sahl

Senior Vice President, Programming

DISH Network L.L.C.

Below is my email and response to my email from Dish. We'll see if it holds true.
Greetings,

Just wanted to voice my displeasure with the fact that the local San Antonio / NBC affiliate is not broadcasting HD through Dish TV.

Unfortunately, I was unaware of this fact when I upgraded to HD a couple of weeks ago. I never once saw (or was told) of this fact when I upgraded. Plain and blatant false advertising.

I am doing my part to make sure all my friends that are looking for a new TV service are aware of this fact.

Rob

Rob,

This station will launch by mid-Feb.

Eric Sahl

Senior Vice President, Programming

DISH Network L.L.C.

Hurray! Finally! About damn time! I was seriously considering dropping Dish for TWC before March over this very issue -- had had about enough of the politics so this is welcome news if indeed true

Now let's work on getting KYMS MY35 HD added to Dish so I can see all Spurs games in HD

WOAI HD not on DISH Network after 2/17

From what I understand, they will still be offering WOAI in the non-HD format and WOAI-HD is still not going to be offer. I emailed both WOAI and Dish Network three days ago and the response I got from both are posted below.

Dish Network:
Thank you for your e-mail. We do apologize for the inconvenience, at the moment we are not currently offering this channel in the specified format. Even after the digital transition on 2/27, we will not be offering this channel in the HD format, only SD. We would like to add this to make viewers like you happy, but we do not know if or when this will happen.

We are always working to acquire more programming to provide services to our valued customers.

We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.

Sincerely,

Dennis P.

From WOAI

As of right now, we will not be in HD on Dish after 2/17.

thanks

Robert Dodd
Director of Production
News 4, woai.com, Weather Plus, San Antonio Living
1031 Navarro St. San Antonio, Texas 78205
T: 210-476-1058 F: 210-281-9857

So it looks like I am gonna make a change to someone else.

Finally we have the Big 4 in SA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bout time DISH and WOAI (Newport)!!!!!!!
Curious if the local news is in HD on any/all of the four? Also could one of y'all confirm the sat(s) and TPs for ABC, CBS and FOX? Apparently WAOI is on 110w TP25. Are the other 3 on 110w TP25? Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts