Wonder why rates increase here is one reason.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Oh, the stories I could tell about some customers who are "high maintenance". I'll just say that it does appear that corporate keeps an eye on outliers, and makes decisions based on that. No more to be said on that...
Well I will add that often, these "high maintenance" customers are subscribing to among the LOWEST packages and are below the average monthly bill, so at such a low subscription rate they can, indeed, cost more money than Dish makes, and we are talking about multiple demands to send a tech and multiple exchanges and calling a lot to complain about something Dish has no power to fix, like the cost of programming that is locked into their agreements to retransmit those channels. Charlie was not referring to the vast majority who have higher monthly subscriptions nor the fat whales who pump a ton of $$$ to Dish each month, nor about ANY customer, even a low package subscriber, making a legitimate complaint and need Dish to somehow fix a REAL problem.

Dish actually treats the truly average and above customers well. It's just that people demanding that Dish upgrade them for FREE while they are subscribing to the lowest package can take the cake. It's like any other business: if you go nearly everyday to the same coffee house and buy things and spend more money than average, the merchant if far more likley to extend a free drink or let you pay for your coffee tomorrow because you forgot your wallet, while low paying customers aren't given the same level of "perks". I am no friend to greedy companies, but I understand completely Dish's view on highly demanding customers beyond what is necessary who subscribe to the lower package costing some real money to Dish. These tech calls and the whole support for box exchanges are REALLY expensive to Dish and DirecTV. My mom had the same situations at her job, and her boss adopted the same attitude: he never wanted to LOSE customers, but if that customer COST him money, REPEATEDLY, then forget about them because in business that enterprise is supposed to make money and if you kept too many of these low paying but high maintenance customers, you will be OUT of business.

Reactions: ChadT41
Well I will add that often, these "high maintenance" customers are subscribing to among the LOWEST packages and are below the average monthly bill, so at such a low subscription rate they can, indeed, cost more money than Dish makes, and we are talking about multiple demands to send a tech and multiple exchanges and calling a lot to complain about something Dish has no power to fix, like the cost of programming that is locked into their agreements to retransmit those channels. Charlie was not referring to the vast majority who have higher monthly subscriptions nor the fat whales who pump a ton of $$$ to Dish each month, nor about ANY customer, even a low package subscriber, making a legitimate complaint and need Dish to somehow fix a REAL problem.

Dish actually treats the truly average and above customers well. It's just that people demanding that Dish upgrade them for FREE while they are subscribing to the lowest package can take the cake. It's like any other business: if you go nearly everyday to the same coffee house and buy things and spend more money than average, the merchant if far more likley to extend a free drink or let you pay for your coffee tomorrow because you forgot your wallet, while low paying customers aren't given the same level of "perks". I am no friend to greedy companies, but I understand completely Dish's view on highly demanding customers beyond what is necessary who subscribe to the lower package costing some real money to Dish. These tech calls and the whole support for box exchanges are REALLY expensive to Dish and DirecTV. My mom had the same situations at her job, and her boss adopted the same attitude: he never wanted to LOSE customers, but if that customer COST him money, REPEATEDLY, then forget about them because in business that enterprise is supposed to make money and if you kept too many of these low paying but high maintenance customers, you will be OUT of business.

I have heard of some horror stories of high maintenance customers emailing employee's and attorney's email addresses that were listed on FCC filings sent to the FCC. Folks, Do not email those people. 99 percent of the time your concern can be addressed by costumer service and not jim bob lawer out of Washington DC, who is working on an upcoming satellite launch. I don't know why people think emailing those people will get you some where, but it wont.

The 722 has had the low battery warning feature for a number of years now. I looked at it a lot before I finally changed my batteries lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"That protection plan thing says I don't have to spend time on the phone talking to YOU about this"

Obviously they didn't actually read what they signed, as it states in the protection plan the customer has to do some trouble shooting.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

In business it is best to take care of your best customers. Those are customers from which you never hear unless they want something new.
Then there are those who have issues but are understanding that for example the company is not available 24/7/365. Customers who don't want the world free of charge, they just want the thing to work.
Then there are those customers who are abusive to CSR's and field personnel and abuse the system.
For the latter, my philosophy has always been, "please take your business elsewhere".

I agree that it's best to take care of your best customers but that doesn't always work that way. Typically your best customers get pushed aside in order to try to keep your crappy customers happy. The customers that complain and make threats are generally the ones that get what they want first and the good customer has to wait because they are patient, understanding and willing to work with you. I'd rather spend more time on my best customers and tell the rest of the people to go stick it but I can't because I can't risk them going out of their way trying to make my life a living hell.

It's like the old saying goes, "Nice guys finish last."

"That protection plan thing says I don't have to spend time on the phone talking to YOU about this"

Obviously they didn't actually read what they signed, as it states in the protection plan the customer has to do some trouble shooting.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Since when has Dish followed their own guidelines on what the protection plan covers. Dish will generally just cover it in order to keep a complaining customer happy. I myself will not do a service under the protection plan unless it's legit. I bill them full price if it's not covered, even if they feel it should be.

The answer is simple:

Rewrite the customer service agreement to specify that before sending out a tech, the customer agrees to work with the CSR in doing standard troubleshooting procedures such as installing new batteries, resetting the receiver, etc. If the customer declines any of these troubleshooting suggestions and insists on a tech visit, a surcharge is added to the cost of the tech visit; or the customer is charged a fee regardless of whether the customer has a protection plan.

The answer is simple:

Rewrite the customer service agreement to specify that before sending out a tech, the customer agrees to work with the CSR in doing standard troubleshooting procedures such as installing new batteries, resetting the receiver, etc. If the customer declines any of these troubleshooting suggestions and insists on a tech visit, a surcharge is added to the cost of the tech visit; or the customer is charged a fee regardless of whether the customer has a protection plan.
just because a customer says they did doesnt mean they did.
I rolled on a service call once for signal loss it was like a hour drive to get to these peoples home 6 miles past the sticks. Guess what the fix was?
I pulled out my pocket knife and chopped down the weeds in front of the dish, in the notes it said dish is clear of obstructions.

Why is it always diverted to the customers fault we are paying for a service even if we have silly ways of doing it
Do you guys work for Dish?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Why is it always diverted to the customers fault we are paying for a service even if we have silly ways of doing it
Do you guys work for Dish?

I am a retailer. You should try working in retail if you don't already. I think you'd change your attitude about customers then. I know I've become a completely different kind of customer now that I've been in retail for so long.

You may be paying for service but you you move your receiver to a different room and you don't connect it the right way would you expect a tech to come out and fix your screw up for free? If you have you dish mounted to a pole in the yard and you hit it with the lawn mower and now you have no signal, would you expect a free re-point? These are the problems we deal with weekly. If you provide a service to someone you expect to be paid for it unless it's covered under any type of warranty.

I am a retailer. You should try working in retail if you don't already. I think you'd change your attitude about customers then. I know I've become a completely different kind of customer now that I've been in retail for so long.

You may be paying for service but you you move your receiver to a different room and you don't connect it the right way would you expect a tech to come out and fix your screw up for free? If you have you dish mounted to a pole in the yard and you hit it with the lawn mower and now you have no signal, would you expect a free re-point? These are the problems we deal with weekly. If you provide a service to someone you expect to be paid for it unless it's covered under any type of warranty.
This this and this.

Or if anyone has complaints about a remote issue send them a brand new remote with batteries already installed.

doing this would be wasteful but actualy save money
Not if you have to roll a truck to program the remote for the customer's TV.

You didn't think this all the way through.

Well then educate that customer don't have to be a di-k about it
Tell them the Do's and Don't about the service if you're patient enough,
You could also explain how PP works and what is or isn't included.

Well then educate that customer don't have to be a di-k about it
Tell them the Do's and Don't about the service if you're patient enough,
You could also explain how PP works and what is or isn't included.

The problem isn't when the customer calls me, I explain to them what's covered and what's not covered. The problem is when they call Dish and Dish just sends out the work order. I don't want to go too deep into this because this is more of a retailer and Dish thing and their is already a long conversation on the Dish Portal about it.

I try to tell people that if my tech gets to your house and finds out it's not a warranty issue then I'm going to bill you the $95 tech visit fee. I've gotten to the point where I don't even recommend that my customers keep the protection plan because it only seems to cause headaches. If a customer calls me and says they have the protection plan but didn't get their Dish from me I tell them to call Dish or I have to charge $95.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts