Wondering is anyone else has experienced this Hopper 3 glitch.

DERG

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2007
I love my sports & often swap between two events at the same time. So, last night I have a baseball game on my Fox Sports local channel (a recorded earlier day game now being re-broadcast in primetime) on swap along with NBC's Sunday Night Football, which I also have recording on Primetime. I occasionally swap between them.

When halftime comes to SNF (and this has happen while watching CBS's Thursday Night Football as well) I punch in another channel but keep the baseball game on swap. After a short time when I decide to return to NBC's football game is when I have the issue; the channel is black - nothing! No sound, just black screen. I can swap back to baseball but when returning to football all I get is a black, soundless nothing. While on the dead channel I can channel up or down & other local channels work fine but returning to NBC's game is still dead. Turning the H3 off/on does nothing - still dead. If I reset H3 the channel returns. I have noticed that after 11:00PM when the Primetime local channels stop recording (or the next day), the dead channel returns.

This has happened while watching CBS's Thursday Night Football & also last month during the RIO Olympics which was on NBC as well. I don't believe it's sports related at all, however, I do believe it is Primetime record related as the Primetime record of the game always ends at halftime when I switch channels.

I have reported this to Dish but wondered if anyone else have had this issue?

Yes I 've seen that and often times when I use multi screen view (4 channels) and try to swap , the screen looks like static and I can hear the sound but no picture and it forces me to do power cord reboot to fix it.

Yes I 've seen that and often times when I use multi screen view (4 channels) and try to swap , the screen looks like static and I can hear the sound but no picture and it forces me to do power cord reboot to fix it.

I get this one too but the one I mentioned in my post is a new one.

Here's an example; setup your DVR to record your local Primetime channels. While viewing one of these local channels during a time that the DVRs Primetime feature is recording that channel, swap to a different channel that is not being recorded. Use these two channels as swap (Primetime to any non Primetime). Then make sure you are viewing the Primetime channel & punch in a different channel. Note the time when you did this. It doesn't happen every time but more than once I get the black nothing screen when returning to the previous Primetime channel.

I have seen this "dead channel" as well using 4-channel multi-view. In each case, I fiddled around changing things until I finally got the picture back, but I'm not sure exactly what I did. (BTW, this is not related to PTAT, because I have that disabled.)

I have seen this "dead channel" as well using 4-channel multi-view. In each case, I fiddled around changing things until I finally got the picture back, but I'm not sure exactly what I did. (BTW, this is not related to PTAT, because I have that disabled.)

Not associated with PrimeTime? Wow, I thought for sure it had something with PrimeTime.

Bummer, lots of glitches with H3s. It's been nearly two months since the last update.

Happens all the time with swap. The title bar says "delayed live tv" or something. H3 not ready for prime time or pip.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the SatelliteGuys app!
I've seen this too on our Hopper 3. I had something recording when this happened. Flipping back to a channel and a black screen, no sound and the banner saying "Delayed Live TV". I stopped the recording and that fixed the issue. Another issue I had was that I had a recording, and I stopped it early from the Joey. Guess what happened? Black screen on both Hopper 3 and Joey. Hopper 3 then does a reboot. I hope Dish addresses these issues in the next update.

Reactions: DERG
Which means we are probably due for a new update SOON. I hope.
Me too! I have a Dish tech who calls me about once a month & he has promised they are working on the issues plus more free 4k soon, like a new 4k channel. Let's hope it's soon.

I have had this happen a lot recently while using recall to switch between shows. Sometimes it starts working on its own and other time I have to reboot. Just started happening this past week or 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)