Wondering where the Podcast Went?

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Have no fear! Where still here! In fact, I haven't seen the industry this dead in a while. Scott and I are like firefighters waiting for the call, to bring you the latest breaking news in this industry we love. So Is no news good news? We will have to wait and see! Remember, Nobody brings you the latest industry news like Satelliteguys does and as soon as anything breaks we will be back on the air bringing you the latest information! Were proud to call Satelliteguys America's Satellite Information Source as we remain your Number One source news for all things Satellite!

I feel like a pilot on Northwest Airlines flight 188 en route to Minneapolis....ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz :

Any upcoming trade shows? Anyway advance scoop for CES 2010? Anyone testing the T2200S? Hey, it looks like EchoStar finally got around to updating their Products website.

EchoStar - Set-Top Boxes

What the heck is Echostar's VIP-TV? I just came across this on EchoStar's website:

EchoStar - Set-Top Boxes
Echostar ViP-TV - Transport

On a side note, will anyone be attending any of these events in order to obtain information the T2200S?

TelcoTV
November 10 - 12
Orlando, FL

TelcoTV is the telecom industry’s premier event for the exploration of a comprehensive entertainment convergence strategy. Like no other event, TelcoTV brings together service providers of all sizes, with a common interest in transforming their organizations into entertainment powerhouses. The TelcoTV exhibit hall is packed with hundreds of vendors showcasing technical solutions and cutting-edge content to help telcos compete against cable and satellite. Visit EchoStar at booth #925.

International CES
January 7 - 10
Las Vegas, NV

With more than four decades of success, the International CES reaches across global markets, connects the industry and enables CE innovations to grow and thrive. Visit Sling and EchoStar in booth #9021

EchoStar: We're Cable's Answer: Cable Digital News - Video - EchoStar: We're Cable's Answer - Telecom News Analysis
EchoStar Tries Technology to win over Cable: EchoStar tries technology to win over cable industry - Denver Business Journal:

According to the articles, "EchoStar expects its Sling-Loaded tru2way box to begin shipping in the first quarter of 2010." This is the first I have heard this information. I have been spending a lot of time traveling lately, but it seems like we got scooped on this story.

..."However, it's already made some progress across the pond with a SlingLoaded product tailored for the European cable market, where MSOs don't face off with Dish. Hawkey says EchoStar has a field trial and a lab trial underway with two undisclosed European cable operators."

Last edited:
How about a podcast status report on the 922. discuss each major new feature and where it stands. I know we could read the thread and I'm not saying to divulge any NDA stuff, just recap what you can that also is disclosed in the thread.

I am trying not to do a review of the 922 since it is still beta software and feel that if I talk about it on the Podcast and the bugs it has people might base their judgement on the beta software instead of the release software.

I dont want to skew peoples opinions and want to give Dish time to get it right.

Over the past 3 weeks (since Dish announced that the beta was over) I have been working very closely with Dish in getting them to fix some issues. Including with some of the top Dish execs who have seemed to (for once) valued my feedback. :)

I understand, Scott. But have you done anything interesting that works with the 922 than maybe isn't a supported feature. e.g. hook up a keyboard for the web browser function.

The one thing that concerns me is the 922 using an onscreen keypad and on screen navigable qwerty KB, similar to what we have now isn't going to be the best way to use the web browser, so might we be able to connect a KB? I have one for my PS3 and grab for it all the time. Much easier than the PS3 hand controller.
Another area, you could discuss, is how the sling integration works the same as or different from a traditional outboard slingbox.

Different subj- What's the latest word on connecting up a USB hub to the 622,722 etc. for multiple hard drives?

Yeah! I saw that. :) Makes the 922 even more enticing. I suggested that to them last year at CES and they kind of shrugged it off. Glad they reconsidered. It closely resembles the one I have for my PS3.

I also saw the IR splitter. I can use that here. I'm sure it will work better than the 50 ft. of RG6 run through the attic with the little antenna on the end.

What I was disappointed in was the lack of an update to the USB hub capability. They really need to get that multiple ext HD drives capability finished. It was promised for August and it's almost December.

Scott- can you get us an update on the USB hub?

I understand, Scott. But have you done anything interesting that works with the 922 than maybe isn't a supported feature. e.g. hook up a keyboard for the web browser function?

When I first got the 922 I hooked up a wireless keyboard and mouse and they worked fine. Navigating the menu with the mouse was actually easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts