Workaround for PPV lock?

nuttz565

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
colorado
Hey guys Im trying to figure out a work around for the PPV lock. Now I have small children who like to "play" with the remote so I locked out the PPV channels. Now I find it strange that when you go to the TV shows area and you say go to Nick Jr and click on one of their free show it still makes you enter your code. Is there away to only make you enter the code when the program costs $? This way the kids can go to the TV show area and start a show with out having to enter the lock code. Thanks guys.

Hey guys Im trying to figure out a work around for the PPV lock. Now I have small children who like to "play" with the remote so I locked out the PPV channels. Now I find it strange that when you go to the TV shows area and you say go to Nick Jr and click on one of their free show it still makes you enter your code. Is there away to only make you enter the code when the program costs $? This way the kids can go to the TV show area and start a show with out having to enter the lock code. Thanks guys.

I'm assuming you are talking about the on demand TV shows area?

Wait a min...Something is not right...it sounds like you ALSO put a lock on those other channels as well.

I lock out EVERY CHANNEL that is not apart of my programing package and I never experience what you describe.

Wait a min...Something is not right...it sounds like you ALSO put a lock on those other channels as well.
I lock out EVERY CHANNEL that is not apart of my programing package and I never experience what you describe.

He has selected "Lock PPV" and Dish treats all the Dish on Demand content as PPV even if it is "free."

One fairly draconian thing I did was ask the chat CSR to set my account PPV limit to ZERO. Now nobody, locks or no locks, can download something that costs extra. But I can still watch the free stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts