Working on a old C Band dish is this bar necessary?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

saboken

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2021
Dunmor KY
Upon further inspection of this 10" dish I found a bar that's broken loose does it need to be repaired when I replace the position actuator? Or was to lock the dish in place?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211231-181254.png
    Screenshot_20211231-181254.png
    1,008 KB · Views: 176
  • Screenshot_20211231-181359.png
    Screenshot_20211231-181359.png
    416.2 KB · Views: 162
Upon further inspection of this 10" dish I found a bar that's broken loose does it need to be repaired when I replace the position actuator? Or was to lock the dish in place?
Looks like it was a cobble-job to lock the dish into place. Likely the actuator is bad. I'd remove it, and rehab the dish. HOWEVER, you'd best have the dish propped onto something, just in case when the bar is removed, the actuator snaps in half or otherwise lets go.

I agree, i think it was a way for the person to lock it down to a particular Satellite. I also agree with the cobble-job, i see that kinda stuff all the time at my place.. ;)

It's to lock the dish in place if the actuator is removed or broken. It looks bent so it may not be strong enough to work.
Have you done a string-test on that dish yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts