Works in the yard but not in the house, what's up with that??

jawja

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Dish sent a guy out to add 2nd dish for 61.5, he hung a DP21 switch on the pole and ran coax from 2nd dish over to switch, ran coax from first dish to switch then in to house. Every thing worked fine but coax was ran across yard so I decide to run coax from 2nd dish in to the house and hook up switch in the house out of the weather but now it wont work, it wont read the birds. What's up with that ?? Does switch have to be mounted so many feet from receiver or ??

"I decide to run coax from 2nd dish in to the house"

How long is the run? For Dish Pro, the max. is 200 ft. from LNB to receiver. The switch can be anywhere in between. For a DP21, connect the cable from 119/110 in port 1 and the cable from 61.5 to port 2 and run "check switch" on the receiver.

Were the receivers unplugged from the power when you unhooked the coax and then reconnected the coax at the switch?

Maybe you fried the switch if the receivers had power to them?

If he made his own connections I would guess that there is some braiding or foi making contact with the copper stinger.

Yea, I'd guess wiring too.

Don't forget it's REALLY easy to bend then center conductor and miss the hole. This is particularily troublesome with the DPP44 which has a spongy weather seal material in the connector.

Checking for conductor to ground shorts is a good idea too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts