World Baseball Classic

I have been watching some of the games,they came close to a riot today at that Cuba vs Dominican game. It was kinda funny.

Last edited:
on what channel are they showing USA vs Korea tonight? I have D* , and it's on espn 2 but it's recorded , not live. But I understand taht Dish has it live. what channel is it on?

What channel is showing the games in HD? I popped on ESPN-HD and, while the channel is HD, it was still presented in crappy 4:3 with the ESPN logo bars up the sides (a reason why I hate ESPN-HD). Is someone showing it in non-shrink-o-vision HD?

can someone please tell me what channel number they showed USA vs Korea and Korea vs Japan?

i have directv and they didn't show these games LIVE, but recorded at 10 pm.

on what channel did you guys see it LIVE? my relative called me both times and he was watching live games, both times with dish network.

can someone verify that?

thanks for info guys.

i don't understand why directv can't do that when they have like 5 channels labeled espn something. two of them were blank channels, showing nothing last night.

medicalwaste said:
thanks for info guys.

i don't understand why directv can't do that when they have like 5 channels labeled espn something. two of them were blank channels, showing nothing last night.

I noticed the same too. DISH Network showed the games in LIVE syndication, whereas DirecTV had the games tape-delayed. If I knew this earlier, I'd have pushed for a big marketing campaign for the ethnic customers wishing to watch WBC live.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/worldclassic2006/news/story?id=2351696

Yep, advantage goes to DISH!

It might not be ESPN but rather DirecTV since DISH isn't the sole provider to broadcast live. Some cable providers in select cities broadcast it live, too.

But then again, most of the rate hikes this year by the satellite providers were mostly from increased programming cost levied by Disney for its ESPN channels.

And the good news is that the Semis and the Final should be LIVE on regular ESPN and ESPN Deportes for all satellite/cable customers who have ESPN.

Mexico vs USA is on from Anaheim on ESPNHD. looks like there are more fans cheering for Mexico then the US

Last edited:
I actually sent the ceo email a thank you note for providing the games on the alternate channels while cable, directv, and espn themselves were tape delaying the games. Clearly this was a decision made on Dish's part that any baseball fan would appreciate.

The US v Mexico game on ESPN HD is fabulous! Here is to the return of summer!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)