World Cinema HD: Amélie [Premieres]

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
B0000640VO.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I saw this this morning, man it looked awesome in HD, Jean Pierre Peunot is the MAN... watch this movie today and be amazed (get your gf or wife and get some tonight).

I was Up North away from my Voom when it first aired. But it's running again tomorrow for those of us who missed it and wanna see it. :D
First Thursday showing at 7:00am

I watched this movie for the second time today. Excellent movie! What a treat!

Amélie is on Divine ch. 110 today in case you missed it!
4pm, 8:30pm and 12:30am EDT.

Hi, Ilya, thanks for pointing this out.

Ilya said:
Amélie is on Divine ch. 110 today in case you missed it!
4pm, 8:30pm and 12:30am EDT.

Will watch it later today as the 4pm showing has started already out here on the left coast. Thoroughly enjoyed it on DVD last year and since Blue-ray is a ways off yet we'll enjoy it again now.

Still enjoying HDTV under cloudy but rainless! Seattle skies, Gill

Yep, it seems Programming Gods heard me - this was my last "whish" when I heard Voom will finally close its doors on 4/30, to see Amelie on the air in HD again - they heard me and answered.

I've recorded Amelie in its beautiful HD resolution today. :yes :cool: :cool:

Thank you, Voom, thank you very much! :) :)

TheTimm said:
Quite possibly my favorite movie that Voom introduced me to.
One of my favorites too! Somehow I missed this movie before, even though it was available as a DVD rental. What a pleasant surprise! Thanks VOOM!

Thanks again, Ilya! Just finished watching...

Ilya said:
One of my favorites too! Somehow I missed this movie before, even though it was available as a DVD rental. What a pleasant surprise! Thanks VOOM!

(well before dinner). Had forgotten just how much I'd enjoyed this movie before. It is a real gem and a treat to see in the last few hours of VOOM, at least, as we've come to know and appreciate it.

3 hours and 47 minutes of VOOM left and still watching under mostly clear (yeah, it does happen) Seattle skies, Gill

This was my last movie I watched on Voom, it was great. "I wonder how many people are having orgasms at this very minute?" Was it 17? Damn, that was funny. Audrie is so darned cute.

DarrellP said:
This was my last movie I watched on Voom, it was great. "I wonder how many people are having orgasms at this very minute?" Was it 17? Damn, that was funny. Audrie is so darned cute.

15 ;)

EQUATOR HD - Channel 9471
Explore the world’s most intriguing people and places with intelligent travel, nature, and cultural programs. Hear people of the world in their own words, and visit extraordinary landscapes that speak for themselves. Also, check out global classics, award-winners and cinema from the world’s emerging film-makers with movies such as Cinema Paradiso and Amelie.

It would appear that World Cinema has a temporary home until re-launch.

This is great news, with the movie channels showing 4 per day and now World Cinema movies, we are getting more for our measly $5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)