World Series

I find myself torn in this series. I love NY city, been there a few times, never had a bad time. Great people, but I hate the friggin' Yankee's. Like the Phillies ball club, but hate the people of Philadelphia. This may sound like hindsight, but I meant to post this yesterday.

PHILLIE'S IN 6!

I find myself torn in this series. I love NY city, been there a few times, never had a bad time. Great people, but I hate the friggin' Yankee's. Like the Phillies ball club, but hate the people of Philadelphia. This may sound like hindsight, but I meant to post this yesterday.

PHILLIE'S IN 6!
On what do you base your dislike of Philadelphia people? Have you ever been there? I have lived among both Philadelphia people and New York people. Believe I'll take Philly any time. I actually lived in New York South (a gated over 55 community in Florida). Couldn't wait to move halfway back to PA (North Carolina). Just having fun with you. My point is there are good and bad people everywhere. I even heard a rumor there are a few good men in Michigan. I want the Phillies to win but mostly I want to see a good series. If your team had lost 10,000 games you might be a rowdy fan as well.:D

I am looking forward to watching Pedro Martinez to help the Phillies with another win tonight. Ain't he supposed to be even better than Lee? If so then I can only imagine the damage that will be done tonight.

I am looking forward to watching Pedro Martinez to help the Phillies with another win tonight. Ain't he supposed to be even better than Lee? If so then I can only imagine the damage that will be done tonight.

I would be more optimistic if he were 10 years younger .....

That said, I hope he pitches great. :D

On what do you base your dislike of Philadelphia people? Have you ever been there? I have lived among both Philadelphia people and New York people. Believe I'll take Philly any time. I actually lived in New York South (a gated over 55 community in Florida). Couldn't wait to move halfway back to PA (North Carolina). Just having fun with you. My point is there are good and bad people everywhere. I even heard a rumor there are a few good men in Michigan. I want the Phillies to win but mostly I want to see a good series. If your team had lost 10,000 games you might be a rowdy fan as well.:D
I'll have to side with Paul on this one based on my experiences with the fans; the Philly fans, in my opinion, were truly the rudest and most obnoxious of any I have ever met. Of course, the Yankee fans aren't all that much better...just rude and obnoxious in a different way. :rolleyes:

Go Yankees...you just gotta love the pinstripes!!!

I'll have to side with Paul on this one based on my experiences with the fans; the Philly fans, in my opinion, were truly the rudest and most obnoxious of any I have ever met. Of course, the Yankee fans aren't all that much better...just rude and obnoxious in a different way. :rolleyes:

Go Yankees...you just gotta love the pinstripes!!!
OK, but Paul said the people of Philadelphia, not the fans. Since when are fans considered people? By the way, I stopped attending Phillies games many years before I moved away for the very reason you are talking about. The last games I saw were when my daughter and then my son sang the national anthem four years apart. Had to go then. Still love the Phillies.

Last edited:
This world series sucks!

I don't care to see NY win after they have won 26 other World Series, and the Phillies just won last year, and I don't care to see them win back to back either.

The lesser of the 2 evils is the Phillies, because NY just does not deserve another a 27th World Series Championship.

The only other worse scenario for me would have been Minnesota or the Cardnials making it to the world series.

OK, but Paul said the people of Philadelphia, not the fans. Since when are fans considered fans? By the way, I stopped attending Phillies games many years before I moved away for the very reason you are talking about. The last games I saw were when my daughter and then my son sang the national anthem four years apart. Had to go then. Still love the Phillies.

Yeah, since when??? :D

Sandra

I have documented my trips to Phili here. Let's just say that the "city of brotherly love" is not that at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)