"World"Sport no Tour de France?, no Wimbledon?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vission

Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
I find it odd the something called "WorldSport" wouldn't be covering the Tour de France. I would have thought that something called "WorldSport" would be covering some of the Major world sporting events, I also don't understand why it didn't cover Wimbledon. I think many viewers would have liked to have seen or see these in HD.

I guess it comes down to licensing I suppose.

Still, it would have been nice, soccer(foosball) being my least liked sport seems to almost always be playing. It would have actually been nice to get my money's worth from this particular channel.

vission said:
I guess it comes down to licensing I suppose.

You're absolutely correct. Tour de France was licensed by OLN and INHD bought the HD rights. Wimbledon is owned by both ESPN and NBC. Neither carried an HD feed.

I thought OLN was filming the Tour in HD this year? Why are they showning a 4:3 image on OLN? The PQ is horrible, with massive pixelation.

DarrellP said:
I thought OLN was filming the Tour in HD this year? Why are they showning a 4:3 image on OLN? The PQ is horrible, with massive pixelation.

They have not launched their HD channel yet. Yet they have send the HD feed to INHD.

I know that, my question was: why are they showing the 4:3 image on OLN when they filmed it in HD? Why not show the 16:9 image on OLN?

vission said:
I find it odd the something called "WorldSport" wouldn't be covering the Tour de France. I would have thought that something called "WorldSport" would be covering some of the Major world sporting events, I also don't understand why it didn't cover Wimbledon.
Before you complain about every other channel here are some things you can save your breath over:

1. NFLNET won't show your favorite NFL team live in HD.
2. TENNIS didn't carry Wimbledon and probably won't carry any major event you care to see. These weasels will actually show squash on this channel, now there's something to complain about.
3. GOLF didn't have the Masters and it probably won't cover any tournament you care to see.
4. TMC-HD won't play your particular favorite movies in HD. The same holds true for all other movie channels such as HBO, Cinemax, Cinema10, Showtime, Encore, etc.
5. Equator HD hasn't yet featured a country that is located on the equator.
6. COMEDY - Only a few of the shows on Comedy Central are actually funny.

Worldsport = spanish soccer league and reruns of spanish soccer league. With some worthless events from around the world trying to pass as sports, like foot volleyball.

RE: WORLDSPORT: I have seen some of the finest soccer ever on Worldsport. Our American soccer simply can't compare with it. Renaldo and Beckham are the stars of that sport and I see them performing often on World Sport. Great soccer! Of course you might like it more if you lived in Spain but it is still good stuff.

I''d like to see them add Rugby. When one travels abroad you become aware that very few sports we play are truly world wide. Soccer is one that is very much so.

Tvlman said:
RE: WORLDSPORT: I have seen some of the finest soccer ever on Worldsport. Our American soccer simply can't compare with it..
There is no debate over the quality of talent and the level of soccer played in La Liga, it is outstanding. However, you completely miss the boat regarding American soccer. Currently the US team is ranked 9th in the world by FIFA. The US team is currently ranked by FIFA ahead of Italy, England and even Euro2004 champ Greece. Soccer currently draws the 9th most spectators in the US (admittedly it doesn't outdraw dog racing but people do go to the games).

vurbano said:
Worldsport = spanish soccer league and reruns of spanish soccer league. With some worthless events from around the world trying to pass as sports, like foot volleyball.
I bet you were the guy that got picked last for dodgeball :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts