WorldSport HD to broadcast Tennis HD matches this Fall

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
From Tennis Week: "A week after the U.S. Open ends, championship tennis begins again in the United States. The Outback Champions Series, the domestic senior circuit, announced a series of new additions today including: a new television partner, new corporate sponsors, the additions of Wayne Ferreira and Jimmy Arias to the field and plans for expansion from its current schedule of five events. The Champions Series will conclude its inaugural season with three events this fall: Charlotte (Sept. 20-24), Memphis (Oct. 4-8), Houston (Nov. 8-12). FoxSportsNet -- through its regional affiliates -- will televise all three fall events for the first time and will broadcast all Outback Champions Series events through 2007. The Tennis Channel will also broadcast all remaining 2006 events on a tape delay basis. The network will produce nine hours of coverage per event, including live coverage of all singles finals. WorldSport, the Voom High Definition Network, will also broadcast each fall event in high definition."...

source: http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2006-09-08/h.php

riffjim4069 said:
Nice addition to providing coverage of the World's Best basketball (Euro-League), the World's Best soccer (La Liga), and top-notch CFL games every Friday night.
Well, I was looking forward for the 2006 Euroleague season, but it didn't come. They are only doiing re-runs of the 2005 games. Hopefully, they pick up next season.

Walter L. said:
Well, I was looking forward for the 2006 Euroleague season, but it didn't come. They are only doiing re-runs of the 2005 games. Hopefully, they pick up next season.

I thought NBA TV had the right last year. I even saw the logo on the Euroleague website, but that was like 4-5 months ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)