WorldSport-HD: UEFA Cup: Brugge vs. Chateauroux LIVE 9/16 @ 2:28pm EST

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
This is from Paul:

Well apart from Real Madrid - Numancia this Saturday, for which Sid will be back, we have just found out we will be doing a UEFA Cup game next Thursday.

We are off to Belgium to transmit Bruges v Chateauroux (a French side who i think were runners up in the French Cup)

Personally i like these trips to Northern Europe - i really enjoyed the Socheaux and Marseilles matches we did last season, as it makes a bit of a change of scene and allows us to visit some different grounds.

Bruges are quite a good side, i think they were Belgium champions last season, anyhow, they and Anderlecht are the top two sides and are well worth watching.

Also it will be a good chance for us to stock up on Belgian chocolate and beer brewed by monks - the country's two most famous products...

Apart from that Spain has been quiet for the past two weeks as most key players have been away on International duty: Spain drew 1-1 against Scotland last Friday in a game stopped by a power failure and a flood caused by a rainstorm in Valencia....and later tonight they play Bosnia in a World Cup qualifier.

As for Beckham and Owen, England drew 2-2 in Austria after leading 2-0. We'd have won, but our goalkeeper is the worst i have ever seen play for my country and made two horrible errors.

We play Poland tonight, which dosn't give the main men much time to recover for Saturday.

cheers PAUL

Good news! Thanks for the update, Paul!

Getafe dream fast becoming a nightmare

Entire Article

Sid Lowe
Monday September 13, 2004

It might beat going to church, but Getafe really isn't the sort of place you'd normally chose for a nice Sunday evening out - and not just because of the mouthful of viscous green phlegm you have to dredge up to say it right.

The trouble was that goal was outdone by Luis García, who scored one and set up the other for an otherwise far from great Mallorca side, thus confirming that Getafe, who could only spend ¿1million this summer and have lost their opening two games, will struggle to survive. This morning's papers insist that they didn't deserve to lose but, while Getafe weren't awful, that interpretation is more down to sympathy for the newcomer than reality. Getafe have a sharp, intelligent manager and a couple of decent players, but they lack real ability and presence - Pachón and Yordi (yes, the Blackburn one) are not the most frightening forward line.

There's just something unconvincing about Getafe, something not quite first division. Even their newspaper puns were pretty poor, with AS rather wetly going down the aerospace route and finding just two metaphors, declaring: "Getafe are yet to take off - and the man who closed the airport was Luis García."

The trouble was that goal was outdone by Luis García, who scored one and set up the other for an otherwise far from great Mallorca side, thus confirming that Getafe, who could only spend ¿1million this summer and have lost their opening two games, will struggle to survive. This morning's papers insist that they didn't deserve to lose but, while Getafe weren't awful, that interpretation is more down to sympathy for the newcomer than reality. Getafe have a sharp, intelligent manager and a couple of decent players, but they lack real ability and presence - Pachón and Yordi (yes, the Blackburn one) are not the most frightening forward line.

There's just something unconvincing about Getafe, something not quite first division. Even their newspaper puns were pretty poor, with AS rather wetly going down the aerospace route and finding just two metaphors, declaring: "Getafe are yet to take off - and the man who closed the airport was Luis García."

Missed the live broadcast. Watching the re-run. Interesting game so far.
Brugge is on top 2:0.
3:0 !!!!!
4:0 - final score.

Yes, interesting game and good coverage, but all the big stars are in Spain. GIVE ME MORE LA LIGA!!! They should cover more than 1 game/week. I'd be willing to do the commentary at the extra site if they fly me to Spain. Come on Worldsport!

Vince2 said:
Yes, interesting game and good coverage, but all the big stars are in Spain. GIVE ME MORE LA LIGA!!! They should cover more than 1 game/week. I'd be willing to do the commentary at the extra site if they fly me to Spain. Come on Worldsport!
Actually, looking at the schedule of the upcoming games, we do get two La liga matches next week!
Atletico Madrid - Barcelona on Sunday, Barcelona - Zaragoza on Thursday and Sevilla - Real Sociedad next weekend! If we count the yesterday's UEFA Cup match this is 4 live games in two weeks! Excellent!

The only problem with the weekday games is that they are usually played during our business hours. :( But I do enjoy the same day replays too!

I agree about the coverage! It was fun to watch and listen too! The commentators seemed very excited and enthusiastic. They did an excellent job yesterday. It was very informative too. (Paul, was it a trip to Belgium, or the Belgian beer that inspired you? :D)

From Paul...

Did it inspire us?? That would be telling..

Actually the sad fact is no - let me describe the day.

We got a 1pm flight from Madrid - Brussells, then a hire car with some of the production team to cover the 90 km from Brussells to Bruges. We left Brussells at 4pm, but the traffic was incredbile...The ring road was gridlocked and when we hit the motorway i have never seen anything like the driving. FAR FAR worse that Spain (and that is saying something)

Three lanes all going 90 mph and changing without signalling or apparatn space. Terrifying!

We got to the hotel at 6pm, just time to buy some chocolate for my girlfriend and have 2 small beers in the bar while writing up some notes. Then by 7pm we were at the ground.

Had some dinner at midnight after the game and then we were all up at 6.15am for a 10.am flight back to Madrid, back home just after midday.

it was frustrating, because Bruges looks absolutely wonderful - like the town in Shreck!

Changing the subject, we'd all love to do 2 games a weekend, but i think i said earlier, it's not possible with our HD van. By the the time we pick up after a game and then drive to the next ground (max speed 50 mph and Spain is a big country, there is just no time and nobody would sleep)

We have 2 games next week and i hope UEFA the week after (no idea where - I hope it's to see my team (Athletic Bilbao) but it could be Villarreal or even back to France, we are currently taking bets on where we go.)

Cheers

Paul, thanks for the update! Sorry to hear that your busy travel schedule didn't allow you to fully enjoy the trip! Perhaps next time... ;)

I am looking forward to tomorrow's game! Sounds like this should be a much more close match-up, than in previous games we watched this season. Should be interesting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)