Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
SatelliteGuys.US forum welcomes back the Worldsport-HD channel!
LIVE FUTBOL: Spanish Primera Liga - Sunday, February 5, at 1 PM EST

_barcelona_.gif
Barcelona vs.
_atl_madrid_.gif
Atletico Madrid
The live game will be simulcast on RushHD channel for the sake of many of us who haven't yet upgraded to MPEG4 equipment. A new episode of La Liga Report is expected to start 30 minutes before the game on WorldSport channel only.

Join our game-time discussion in this thread!

For the latest schedules, please check the following thread:
Schedule of Live Soccer Matches on WorldSport-HD and Rush-HD
Logos are courtesy of www.hqfl.dk

From Paul:

Five goals in the Vicente Calderon! I am still pinching myself to make sure it wasn't a dream after having grown accustomed to seeing 0-0 draws in that stadium.

Whatever, it's great news for Atletico fans and a good omen for next week's game in the Camp Nou.

Barca - Atletico Madrid was one of the 'classic' games of the 90's in Spain, they tended to produce 6 or 7 goals and open end to end football.

I don't think we will see that so much next week as I would be surprised to see Atletico play as many attacking players as they did against Deportivo (not least because Kezman is suspended).

However, if they can keep the confidence up it promises to be a thriller - remember Atletico's 2-1 win back in September? And with the added bonus of the chance to see a bit of history made.... Barca's 3-0 win in Mallorca on Sunday was their 14th straight league win in a row.

One more and they equal the all time Spanish record, set by the great Real Madrid team of De Stefano and company in the 1960-61 season.

Only two minor problems: Samuel Eto'o is still on African Nations Cup duty (five goals in 3 games at time of writing) and Ronaldinho is suspended after seeing his 5th yellow card of the season.

They do have a youngster called Leo Messi, mind you, who took Mallorca apart and Guily's pace was also a key factor.

So missing some key players, but all the more fascinating for that.

Elsewhere Madrid scraped a 2-1 win after being outplayed by Celta. Valencia fought back to draw 2-2 at home to Zaragoza and Athletic Bilbao (my team) beat Getafe 1-0 to climb out of the relegation zone.

See you all on Sunday.

PAUL

La Liga Report should be on now, but unfortunately not on RushHD. Anyone able to watch WorldSport today?

The game is on! Watching it on Rush.
So, can Barca match the RM's all-time record of 15 consecutive wins?

Welcome back, Dave! If you do not need a DVR, you should be able to upgrade for $50, I think.

Wow! how could they not score?!!

Hi Tim! No WorldSport for me until April. :(

Goooooooaaaaaaal!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts