Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
LIVE FUTBOL: Spanish Primera Liga
WorldSportHD: Saturday, May 13 at 2 PM EDT

_atl_madrid_.gif
Atletico Madrid vs.
_real_betis_.gif
Betis
La Liga Report starts 30 minutes before the game.
Join our game-time discussion in this thread!

For the latest schedules, please check the following thread:
Schedule of Live Soccer Matches on WorldSport-HD and Rush-HD
Logos are courtesy of www.hqfl.dk

Sean Mota said:
At last I will be back to watch Soccer...!!!!!
Congratulations! Too bad this might be the last live game of the La Liga season. There are talks about possibly going to Bilbao next weekend for the only remaining game, but that is not certain yet.

roachxp said:
So will Laliga be back next year?
Yes, as far as I know it will! Haven't heard of any other leagues yet though.

The game starts in one hour! If you are going to watch it, make sure to check in here in this thread. Let's have the end-of-the-season party!

Gooooooooooaaaaaaal!

I am watching la Liga right now. I was watching another film. I see Mallorca & Cadiz were delegated and read somewhere that Sevilla captured the UFEA cup (I think). Barca gets their second championship cup. Zidane retires or it is the las appearance as a RM player?

Here are the latest league standings:

1 Barcelona (36) 82
2 Real Madrid (37) 70
3 Valencia (37) 69
4 Osasuna (37) 65
5 Sevilla (36) 62
6 Celta (37) 61
7 Deportivo (37) 55
8 Villarreal (37) 54
9 Getafe (37) 54
10 Atlético (37) 51
11 Zaragoza (37) 46
12 Athletic (37) 42
13 Betis (37) 41
14 Real Sociedad (37) 40
15 Mallorca (37) 40
16 Racing (37) 40
17 Espanyol (37) 38
18 Alavés (37) 36
19 Cádiz (37) 33
20 Málaga (37) 24

Just starting watching the match... I saw something very funny in the begining the FSN WEST Bay area HD feed. I do not know if anyone saw it. The signals crossed path... I guess.

I didn't see that, though I missed the first few minutes of the game - came home when it was already in progress.

Sean Mota said:
I see Mallorca & Cadiz were delegated and read somewhere that Sevilla captured the UFEA cup (I think).
Yup! Sevilla is the UEFA Cup Winner!
And the final match of the Champions League will be on Wednesday: Barselona-Arsenal. It will be televised live on ESPN2-HD (at 2:30pm ET)! Should be a good one!

Sean Mota said:
Just starting watching the match... I saw something very funny in the begining the FSN WEST Bay area HD feed. I do not know if anyone saw it. The signals crossed path... I guess.
Hi Sean, yes, I recorded the game and saw a quick shot of the Bay Bridge and AT&T Park with FSN bug on it. The game was carried in HD on FSN Bay Area here in San Francisco.

Just serves to remind me how frustrated I am that the cable companies lock out the satellite providers from RSN HD broadcasts. Glad the guys in the Voom control room get to see all the games in HD, though... :rolleyes:

From Paul:

Well 48 hours later than usual and looking forward to a holiday...which won't happen. The final piece of the season..

...OK so the season is just about over in that everything has been decided. Malaga, Cadiz and Alaves went down. Alaves in the most painful way as Espanyol scored a last minute goal to save themselves. Everyone will miss Cadiz, who has some of the best fans around (they get behind their teams, yet make their opponents feel welcome at the same time) - we all hope to see them back soon.

Personally I won't miss Malaga, who year after year has sold their best players, so sooner or later it had to happen. As for Alaves, well, their president changed coaches like the wind and basically paid for being a dictator. A shame for their fans, but it is always painful going down.

Barca ran away with the title and Real Madrid has finished second. However, it says a lot that they confirmed their second place after losing 4-3 to Sevilla and only because Valencia lost 2-1 to Osasuna in their last game.

The Sevilla - Madrid game was amazing, 0-2 down after 25 minutes, Sevilla scored four in 17 minutes to go 4-2 up at the break.

Sadly the score in Pamplona (where Osasuna went 2-0 up against Valencia) conditioned the second 45, but it makes it clear that whoever takes over at Madrid (what bets they have interests in the construction industry???) has a lot of work to do.

Congrats to Osasuna, who finish 4th and have a Champions League play-off, but I fear that without Aguirre, who for some bizarre reason is joining Atletico Madrid next season, may be hard for them.

However now is probably a good time for a few personal awards:

Best outfield player: Ronaldinho
Best goalkeeper: Casillas
Best coaches: Aguirre, Rijkaard and Javier Clemente
Best ground: Camp Nou
Best game: Real Madrid 0 - Barca 3
Best youngster: Messi (Barca) Ustatriz (Athletic Bilbao)
I'm sure there are more, but they will have to wait...until next year,
cheers PAUL

FYI: there will be two more La Liga Report episodes to wrap up the season: on Sa, 5/20 and on Sa, 5/27. Both start at 1pm EST.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)