Worried as a DN customer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ohsatelliteguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
Hello, I'm a former DN installer, and i just have to wonder....

Does it worry you as a DN customer that DN is cutting their pay for their installers/technicians? Do you worry about the quality and compatency of the technician?

I, like I'm sure alot of you, figured that with the pricing increases, that we would see better service from our provider. Now I learn, that my service is going to be worse. DN is cutting pay, YET AGAIN, to their technicians. They can tout about their installation standards all they want, but we know how much trouble it's going to be. Not only will I be charged more per month for my service, but the serviceman who comes out is not going to be willing to do the work I need because he's not getting paid.

Now DN is going to scrape the bottom of the barrel for felons and drug addicts to service their equipment, because nobody of any caliber is going to work for them, and I just don't want these people in my home.

is sad what a foremly great company is changing into.

the beancounters have taken over, i predict rough waters decling stock prices and big hassles ahead, churn will go up a lot.......

Bob Haller said:
is sad what a foremly great company is changing into.

the beancounters have taken over, i predict rough waters decling stock prices and big hassles ahead, churn will go up a lot.......

By the way, have you ever changed providers to Verizon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is actually a concern for me, DISH is losing a lot of good installers because of this nckle and diming of its installer base.

There is normally only one face a customer sees in person from the satellite company and it is the installer.

Does DISH want a quality installer showing up at a cusomters house who will take good care of the customer? Or do they want someone with a pulse who can almost put up a DISH that is loking to pump out as many jobs as he can a day?

Hey DISH... remember the old saying that "You never get a second chance to make a first impression?" well that is something that you should think about.

The money you save with all these cuts may cost you more in the end.

This is a good reason to give a tip to any installer who does a good job.

I just had a guy over my house a few days ago to swap out my 61.5 dish for an Eastern arc. He was a Dish installer, not a contractor, and in my opinion he did a great job.

I've read some of the horror stories other subscribers have had with installs but this one went smooth as glass.

He had everything he needed, did the job, and did not leave until he checked all of my receivers to make sure they were good to go.

I had no problem giving this guy a good tip. If that helps compensate for any pay cut then hopefully it will encourage him to stay with Dish. I may need some work done in future.

I trusted my installer when we originally got service, but you are right. If they start sending out some sketchy looking yahoo, I am not keeping my eye off of them for one second.

Now DN is going to scrape the bottom of the barrel for felons and drug addicts to service their equipment, because nobody of any caliber is going to work for them, and I just don't want these people in my home.
I guess an issue I have is where do you think former prosoners SHOULD work when they get out. People say prisoners should get a 2nd chance once they serve their time, but people don't want them to have jobs like this. Ok, so if we exclude them from these jobs, schools, public safety, etc. where are they all going to work...and if they can't find work they are more likely to become a repeat offender (perhaps robbing your house or worse).

How do you know if the guy who does the install is a contractor or works directly for dish?

I have to say, the guy who installed my setup this past weekend seemed to do a good job. He showed up earlier then i was scheduled for (7am instead of 9am) but 2 hours lost sleep ain't so bad :)

I just realized though i didn't tip him and i should have. For some reason it never occurred to me to tip the cable/sat installer.

I guess an issue I have is where do you think former prosoners SHOULD work when they get out. People say prisoners should get a 2nd chance once they serve their time, but people don't want them to have jobs like this. Ok, so if we exclude them from these jobs, schools, public safety, etc. where are they all going to work...and if they can't find work they are more likely to become a repeat offender (perhaps robbing your house or worse).

In Massachusetts they are being trained to be flag men at highway construction projects and will be paid upwards of $50.00/hour. Hell I'd give up my job to get paid $50.00/hour.

Ross

In all seriousness this is exactly why you should always make every effort to use a local retailer for your install/upgrade work. I have only gone through dish once for an up grade and it worked out ok. However my local guy is honest been in the tv business a long time and has a stake in the community. I know he stands by his work so...he gets the call when i need any thing upgraded.

Ross

I have never experienced an installer who was a company guy (worked directly for Dish). Locally it's the independents who are present in all the events like the recent home builders' show, or have booths from time to time at the mall. And the few times I've had a technician come to my house it has been an independent, even going back to the early days ('98 for me). The outfit who apparently has "my territory" now is based in a town that's a good 2 hours drive away.

Tough to make a living in any small service business these days. Tip the good guys and maybe we'll have them around a bit longer...

I agree with everything said here about the degrading quality of the technicians due to the poor pay scale Dish is willing to pay. This is one reason why I learned to maintain all the equipment myself. However, I’m fortunate in that if there ever is some unlikely situation, I have a friend who is a Dish installer I can always call for advice.

When Dish realizes that they aren’t able to attract any knowledgeable/reliable technicians with the pay rates they’re offering and the ones that are willing to work for next to nothing are more of a liability than an asset, they will raise the rates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts