Worried new install might not happen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mackie99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 28, 2007
Sunny Southern California
My appointment is this coming Monday (10/08). I'm concerned that they might not be able to install the dish on my house.

I don't have any fascia boards on my house. This is a 40+ year old home. I do have a board that runs the entire width of the house that sticks out on each end. I'm thinking they can use that. Now my other problem is my roof is a concrete tile roof. I've read where they won't climb on it.

What type of installations can be done? I really don't want it done on a pole. I don't know if they can bolt it to the side of the house because the eaves are out about 3-4 feet.

Also, when I tried to have it installed about 1-1/2 years ago, they told me they would need a "J" bracket. But, that was with the older type dish. Not the new one. I was a bit pissed and cancelled the install.

Also, when I tried to have it installed about 1-1/2 years ago, they told me they would need a "J" bracket. But, that was with the older type dish. Not the new one. I was a bit pissed and cancelled the install.

So, please help us understand. They told you what they needed to do,and you got pissed and cancelled?

That was 1-1/2 years ago. I waited for 4 hours just so they could tell me that they couldn't do it because they didn't have the parts and I would have to reschedule. I tried to reschedule originally and was told it would be another week. That's when I got pissed and cancelled the install.

aha, then I hope you had a chance to explain in advance what happened on the previous attempt and the obstacles encountered during that install.

I did tell the salesperson on the phone, but I don't think it will do any good. I was able to find the local phone number for the installers (Ironwood) and talked to them yesterday and asked questions about the install. Forgot to mention what happened last time though. I'll probably call them Friday and confirm the appt. then let them know what happened last time.

Thanks for your advice.

Depending upon your house (construction, and the way it faces, etc...), the installer may be able to do an S-Tube mount to a corner rather than mount the dish in the middle of a wall.

When you call Ironwood again, you can try and specifically request an S-tube mount and see what they say.

Where are you at?

Here are two pictures I took. One showing the location I would like (where board sticks out) and another showing the chimney. What are my chances?

Depending upon your house (construction, and the way it faces, etc...), the installer may be able to do an S-Tube mount to a corner rather than mount the dish in the middle of a wall.

When you call Ironwood again, you can try and specifically request an S-tube mount and see what they say.

Where are you at?

I asked about the S-Tube and Ironwood said they don't have them in yet. They said they are fairly new and very sturdy.

They are going to send a supervisor out tomorrow in the morning to check to see if the install can be done. Here's crossing my fingers.

Hmmmm....they didn't take. Let me try again.

Attachments

• roof1.jpg
    roof1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 171
  • roof2.jpg
    roof2.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 156
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts