worse dish network experience installation

KG4KBU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Corbin, KY
The young guys first of all demanded I hand over my paid for boxes then they said that they had to rewire the house and put a new dish in. All I asked for was 2 box exchanges. They left coax hanging and everything. Also they took a remote back with them and said their dad was founder and president of dish. While pointing at their dish network logo shirts. I said so your father is Charlie and then very rudely they asked who is Charlie?

I would have told them to leave and called dish and got someone else. I no for sure they would not have taken any paid for boxes with them.

He was also going to call his father for me and prove that he was head of dish network. They left in a hurry after I told them it was a bunch of bs and they didn't do what I asked in the first place and I didn't sign any paperwork

A few years ago we had a problem and got a older tech out he was an hour and thirty minutes late.... when he arrived he was drunk and drink beer while he fixed the satellite and I have to say he done a fantastic job over the kids that came out today

Interesting thread.

Several years ago, we were constantly losing the signal. I would constantly call DISH support and we would always go through the reset procedures, etc.

Finally, a tech was sent out and they installed the larger dish. However, they needed to move it to a different section of what was now a brand new roof on my house.

I asked if they sealed the holes that they just drilled, but they did not have any material.

So I had to leave them unattended and drive into town to buy the sealant and applicator gun.

I always thought it was kinda odd.

The young guys first of all demanded I hand over my paid for boxes then they said that they had to rewire the house and put a new dish in. All I asked for was 2 box exchanges. They left coax hanging and everything. Also they took a remote back with them and said their dad was founder and president of dish. While pointing at their dish network logo shirts. I said so your father is Charlie and then very rudely they asked who is Charlie?

Please send me a PM with your phone or account number. The service that you received is not acceptable and I would like to forward your feedback to the right place so that this can be addressed. I appreciate your help with this!

Also I found out that a lnb eye from the old satellite was thrown in the pond beside the house. I would have never found it buy the pond went down due to the drought.. I think those workers should be fired

The otherwise-great installer that upgraded my mixed arc setup to a 1000.4 lost one of my duals. It built up speed sliding down the roof and then fell 2 stores and smashed into my cement walkway. It's just fortunate that nobody was hurt.

I shared my bad install experience a couple of years ago when I switched to HD. Prior to that, I had purchased and installed all of my equipment/dishes. (Install recap - tech for temp dish install in yard/new HD DVR was rude, stole my old the LNB off of my tower, tried to take my self-owned receivers, plugged the phone line into the 722K's ethernet port, killing our phone until discovered later that day, etc.)

The contractor that came to cement in the dish pole several weeks later (after I called Dish and asked when the final pole mount install would be done) was wonderful, professional and courteous - I tipped him a $20. Customer service roulette has definitely expanded to installation tech roulette.

Just thought I would share a funny install story when I had D* installed about 7 years ago. The installer was scared to death of heights. He set the ladder up off of my back deck to get on the roof. It was high, but by going off the deck, I felt comfortable. I had to carry the Dish itself up the ladder for him. I could see he wasn't going to be able to do it just by the way he climbed up to scope things out. I had to run the cables along the gutters reaching over the edge of the roof for a bit. He started to do it, but looked scared getting close to the edge. I told him that he had better find another line of work. I really felt bad for the guy. He did say he was new to the company and looking for other work due to his fear of heights.

KG4KBU said:

You dummy! Those were Jim DeFranco's kids! ;)

Fear of heights is some thing you get over in time or never get over and get out. Im not a happy when i see a 2-3 story install but i get it done and use every bit of safety i can to counter the laws of gravity.

This bad Dish tech is not what dish is about and those clowns should be removed from dish or the reseller. I know dish could get the names of the tech's and tell that local office if they wish to offer dish service they need to do it without them under the dish rules.

I think it is funny how you all post about your bad techs. It is like any profession, There are good techs and bad techs.
I would like to wright a book on some of the people I have meet installing. One lady comes to mind.. I was sent out to a apartment for a 2 room install.. I look around inside first.. Then walk out side.. The lady asked me what I was looking for.. I said a good location to install the dish.. She says.. Dish? Oh No. My landlord will not allow that.. I thought the signals where beamed down to the little box. I said Dish is even in our name...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts