Worst case of Shark Jumping

Okay, here's one. Laverne and Shirley jumped the shark at least twice - a season without Shirley, and then they moved to California. You can't have Laverne & Shirley without Shirley and then having them all moving from Milwaukee to Burbank is like moving Cheers from Boston to Honolulu.

CSI Las Vegas... just isn't the same anymore with Grissom, Sara, and Warrick gone. I find myself not watching the show as much anymore.

CSI Las Vegas... just isn't the same anymore with Grissom, Sara, and Warrick gone. I find myself not watching the show as much anymore.

I stopped after the second season when they started doing questionable science in order to up the melodrama.

You meant when they picked Scott Backula, as the star... that was the "kiss of death".

Might as well have picked Ted McGinley, he's also a big time series shark-jumper..

actually the Jump the Shark book and website gives Ted his own category. Hmmm, I was going to put up a link to the page, but apparently TVGuide.com has bought out jumptheshark.com and emaciated the site.

I guess jump the shark has.... :p

When "Lost in Space" went color. "The pain, the pain."
I loved this when I was a kid... but actually after Dr. Smith boarded the Jupiter II in the premiere... :D
Sliders - When Jerry O'Connell left the show.
Not long after they killed Wade off it started dropping a little, but I stayed with to the end... have Season 1 and 2 on Dvd...

Are you refering to when Leah Remini went from a Babe to a Blimp? I'll be the first to admit that I enjoyed the dynamics between a funny fat-guy and his bitchy hot wife...but there was nothing amusing about watching a fat-guy with a bitchy fat-wife. It pretty much became the new Roseanne show.

That was during and after her pregnancy. It took awhile, but she did get back in shape.

I loved this when I was a kid... but actually after Dr. Smith boarded the Jupiter II in the premiere... :D
Not long after they killed Wade off it started dropping a little, but I stayed with to the end... have Season 1 and 2 on Dvd...

Yeah I stayed with it until it died.

Enterprise,

When the theme music started.

Ouch. But I think the real argument was that Star Trek jumped the shark when they introduced Enterprise the way they did. That said, I liked it, and thought it should have continued beyond season 4.

I am worried about the new movie jumping the shark, in that it sounds like Abrams is playing fast and loose with some star trek cannon and continuity. I sure hope now, but the reviews are pointing in that direction.

If we're talking Trek canon, how about a "research team" finding a Borg Sphere in the Arctic, Starfleet sending the NX-01 to chase them down after they Thaw out? and flee Earth, and on the Next Gen, nobody seems to have heard of the Borg?

There's so many instances of this show tearing apart the continuity of the series.

That's why I said what I did about the opening theme. The whole series was a mess.

My son really liked it so it was on, so I kept one ear and eye on it while it was running. He did get tired of me complaining about all sorts of things.

If we're talking Trek canon, how about a "research team" finding a Borg Sphere in the Arctic, Starfleet sending the NX-01 to chase them down after they Thaw out? and flee Earth, and on the Next Gen, nobody seems to have heard of the Borg?

There's so many instances of this show tearing apart the continuity of the series.

That's why I said what I did about the opening theme. The whole series was a mess.

My son really liked it so it was on, so I kept one ear and eye on it while it was running. He did get tired of me complaining about all sorts of things.

Fair enough. :)

I don't think they knew they were called the Borg did they?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts