Worst fears on 110?

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
Though I am hesitant to bring it up in public, clearly sooner or later someone else will make the connection, so I guess I'll go ahead and do it.

I have noticed at minimum 3+ threads from Directv subs scattered around various sites where they are now getting no signal or a big drop in signal on one of their 3 "SAT C" transponders in the last 48-72 hours.

The timing is more than curious..........

Anyone have insight?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=7532912#post7532912

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=669803

Last edited:
HDTVFanAtic said:
Though I am hesitant to bring it up in public, clearly sooner or later someone else will make the connection, so I guess I'll go ahead and do it. I have noticed at minimum 3+ threads from Directv subs scattered around various sites where they are now getting no signal or a big drop in signal on one of their 3 "SAT C" transponders in the last 48-72 hours. The timing is more than curious....... Anyone have insight?

DirecTV or Dish? This is in the Dish area. And why is the timing curious? What is your theory? As a side note, no issues here on any of my 110 signals, or any for that matter.

What he's getting at is that DTV 's "sat C" is at the 110 location...If E* is causing interference on DTV, there will be a problem.

charper1 said:
DirecTV or Dish? This is in the Dish area. And why is the timing curious? What is your theory? As a side note, no issues here on any of my 110 signals, or any for that matter.

Simple.

If Echostar X is causing interference with Directv SAT C as has been the subject of their FCC filing, then it will impact all of us Dish subs.

He thinks E10 is affecting the D* satellite like D* was whining and complaining to the FCC about, but the FCC hasn't let dish use TPs 27,29,31 on E10 yet because of this...

BFG said:
He thinks E10 is affecting the D* satellite like D* was whining and complaining to the FCC about, but the FCC hasn't let dish use TPs 27,29,31 on E10 yet because of this...

Yes, that's why I am scratching my head and curious why these posts just popped up in the last 48 hours.

It could be truly random, but there clearly is a new player in the 110 orbital position.

The Echo X beam for Las Vegas is turned on and I'm getting on DirecTV 90 on 8 (28), 92 on 10 (30), and 90 on 12 (32).

HokieEngineer said:
I wouldn't put it past Directv to monkey with their signal levels to create the illusion of interference :).

If that was the case, then all Directv subs should see the same drop in signal and not these random outages.

While on the surface, I would agree with your assumption about Directv, it would kill them with the FCC if word ever got out, so it would not be worth betting their future against for a small screw with - all though I realize you were saying in jest.

Of course these posts could be plants, but I seriously doubt it.

The timing is just VERY curious.

hdtvfanatic, is having fantisies about interference with Directv E10 that couldn't possibly be happening yet. But leave it to a Direcvtv subscriber to already start whinning.

well it doesn't matter anymore.

Dish got FCC aproval and is using TP27,29,31 on E10 right now.

jerryez said:
hdtvfanatic, is having fantisies about interference with Directv E10 that couldn't possibly be happening yet. But leave it to a Direcvtv subscriber to already start whinning.

Im not one to normally stand up for HDfanatic, but Im pretty sure you are way off base here...

He may sub to D*, but Im quite certian hes no D* fan boy/loyalist... Im pretty sure he subs to like 3 or 4 other providers also...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts