Worth Selling 301's?

Zaxcom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Long story short, I got new Dish service two weeks ago. Tech came with the wrong equipment, installed two 301's instead of a 322. New tech came out yesterday and put in a 322. Dish says I can keep the 301's they dont want them back.

So are two 301's that are less than two weeks old worth selling, or better kept as spares?

Long story short, I got new Dish service two weeks ago. Tech came with the wrong equipment, installed two 301's instead of a 322. New tech came out yesterday and put in a 322. Dish says I can keep the 301's they dont want them back.

So are two 301's that are less than two weeks old worth selling, or better kept as spares?

I would think that those 301s are leased and still belong to Dish Network thus you cannot sell them. Have you confirmed that they're yours?

301's are not worth much but I cannot believe that dish does not want them back when they are new. That just does not make sense. Are you sure they are new or something the tech just had laying around?

I have a 301 from my original install. A couple years ago my 501 DVR that I had at the time broke (hard drive failure). I simply pulled the dusty 301 off the shelf and in a matter of minutes, I had TV I could watch again. Round trip on the repair of my DVR took a few days, but I didn't mind as much, and was very glad I had a backup receiver.

They are mine free and clear. When I ordered the service I wanted a total of 6 tuners. A 722 and two 322's. The guy taking the order said I could only get one 322, so I bought two 301's from Dish. I called Dish back after the install about another issue and the lady asked why I had two 301's. I told her why, and she said the guy I ordered with was wrong, that she was sending me a 322 and I should keep the 301's since I paid for them.

So I have these two units, with smart cards back in the box.

They are mine free and clear. When I ordered the service I wanted a total of 6 tuners. A 722 and two 322's. The guy taking the order said I could only get one 322, so I bought two 301's from Dish. I called Dish back after the install about another issue and the lady asked why I had two 301's. I told her why, and she said the guy I ordered with was wrong, that she was sending me a 322 and I should keep the 301's since I paid for them.

So I have these two units, with smart cards back in the box.

Got it. Then you should be able to sell them but don't know if you'll get much for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)