Would Amazon ,Dish partneship make sense?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Man this would be Huge! I hope it happens I could see where if your a Amazon Prime member maybe it would give folks a discount on their Dish Bill plus this could help in maybe getting the Amazon Prime App on the Hopper 3's as well. :) It overall makes sense though with Amazon getting in everything this would help them get in on the TV side of things..

Reactions: MikeD-C05
The real potential is the cord cutting opportunity with the Fire Stick providing substantial IPTV programming and Dish filling in the gaps. I already use the two platforms and have reduced my Dish bill to one third of what it was a year ago. The trick is not just getting the Prime Video, but making the Hopper 3 smart with FireTv built in as we are now seeing in SmartTv's. That FireTv platform which is Android based is a notch above basic Android TV that is in Sony and others. It has more video and audio apps, allows side loading from an android phone, and already incorporates Netflix, Prime Video, YouTube, Hulu, HBO, Showtime and on and on, but also access to personal files folders and APK's that provide even more movies and TV programming.

It use to be that way here but now they have more coverage than AT&T and Verizon in the state.

One of our tech's has T-Mobile and she has to go outside and stand in one specific spot on a small hill to get any signal at all. It would be nice if they'd expand out to the country a little more. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yeah I could see T-Mobile but don't count Sprint out with some of their new leadership and new money behind them with Softbank anything could happen.. :)

Yeah I could see T-Mobile but don't count Sprint out with some of their new leadership and new money behind them with Softbank anything could happen.. :)
I counted SoftBank out over the last year. Too many things going on there. They might have bitten off more than they can chew.

Reactions: TheKrell
It use to be that way here but now they have more coverage than AT&T and Verizon in the state.
It's gotten better in some areas, but Sprint and T-Mobile have a LONG way to go Nationwide to match the other two on coverage.

Att seems to have made the biggest strides in the rural south to match Verizon. Coverage is basically equal now, one slightly better here, one slightly better there.

In my own small town, can't even sign up for Sprint or TMobile. It's main highways, interstates, and larger areas. Wander off a main highways a couple of miles, and you've got a paperweight.

Oh speaking of att increasing their coverage, they have also increased capacity.

Check out the lte speed test I did today.

Screenshot_20170706-123103.png

Reactions: stardust3
I ran this a few weeks back out in the country. They are the up and coming carrier imo.

14440956.png

Reactions: Ronnie-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)