Would Dish Work?

Mister B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
El Paso County Texas
The welcome pack if still available to new customers needs line of sight to either the entire Eastern Arc or the western Arc. Welcome pack only has limited HD channels...

You may need to go to Flex Pack for a basic pack..

The welcome pack if still available to new customers needs line of sight to either the entire Eastern Arc or the western Arc. Welcome pack only has limited HD channels...

You do get the HD version of any channel available in the Welcome Pack now, if that channel has an HD feed available. I have a 211k with Welcome Pack and I also feed an OTA antenna into it. I have the HBO $10/month offer and the $5 auto pay credit for 24 months. Not a bad mix of channels for $25 bucks a month. I have a Roku and that fills in the gaps. All depends on what you like to watch, though. They'll also give you 3 months of Skinemax (er, Cinemax) for free if you ask real nice ;)

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Tampa8 and pattykay
You would also need either 119 or 72.7 to receive guide info.
On "The List" channel 36861 for both position 61.2 and 129 show as "44 hour electronic guide". Although that is short of the full guide, it would be enough for my uses.
Another related matter would be, could the 211z receive initial authorization and the software download for DVR functionality from just 61.5 or 129? If not, I could always aim for 119 or 72.7 until those tasks were accomplished.

You do get the HD version of any channel available in the Welcome Pack now, if that channel has an HD feed available. I have a 211k with Welcome Pack and I also feed an OTA antenna into it. I have the HBO $10/month offer and the $5 auto pay credit for 24 months. Not a bad mix of channels for $25 bucks a month. I have a Roku and that fills in the gaps. All depends on what you like to watch, though. They'll also give you 3 months of Skinemax (er, Cinemax) for free if you ask real nice ;)
Wait, I was told by DIRT that the $5 per month autopay credit is not available with Welcome Pack. Did you have a different package first, and then switched to Welcome Pack, or did you already have Welcome Pack when you got the autopay credit?

Wait, I was told by DIRT that the $5 per month autopay credit is not available with Welcome Pack. Did you have a different package first, and then switched to Welcome Pack, or did you already have Welcome Pack when you got the autopay credit?

My account was on Pause and I was going to cancel, then they made me that offer. So I'm not sure

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Subscribing to the Flex Pack with the above mentioned equipment is another idea. It appears that all of the major channels in HD could be received from the 72.7 location. That would provide the full guide and eliminate any questions about ability to download authorization and DVR software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)