Would I qualify for a waiver?

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
I was wondering, since i live in Rockford, IL and we dont have a fox hd, if Dish would let me get a waiver so i could recieve the chicago feed. What do you guys think?

Not yet.

Folks legally eligible (which for starters is those with SD waivers) are still waiting for dish to do something, but so far nothing in site, except for the brief period on Febrary 1st, then it was gone...

jgags6 said:
I was wondering, since i live in Rockford, IL and we dont have a fox hd, if Dish would let me get a waiver so i could recieve the chicago feed. What do you guys think?
DISH does not decide who gets waivers DISH only submits the request to the broadcasters affected by the request. It is upto the broadcaster wether it is approved or not.:)

boba said:
DISH does not decide who gets waivers DISH only submits the request to the broadcasters affected by the request. It is upto the broadcaster wether it is approved or not.:)

Unfortunatly that is really the way it works thanks to our wonderful FCC.

So I should call me local Fox station, and ask them if i can get a waiver from them to allow me to use the chicago feed through dish?

jgags6 said:
So I should call me local Fox station, and ask them if i can get a waiver from them to allow me to use the chicago feed through dish?

Waivers expire after 45 days, not usually a factor except that E* is not giving customers distant HD nets yet. You should wait till they are offer before trying for waiver.

garys said:
Waivers expire after 45 days, not usually a factor except that E* is not giving customers distant HD nets yet. You should wait till they are offer before trying for waiver.

The 45-day rule is that if the station has not responded to the waiver request within 45 day, then the satellite provider can treat the waiver request as approved. You do not need to request new waivers every 45 days.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)