Would it cost me any to upgrade to a DVR?

At a minimum, it will cost you the $5.98 per month DVR fee (unless you buy an older 501, 508 or 721 DVR - such as on ebay - which are not subject to the monthly fee).

In terms of a one time up-front cost, it depends on whether your receiver is leased or purchased...

wow that blows..i just got connected last week..i should of got dvr from the first place but we weren't sure if we could afford it..(yeah i know its only 6 bucks more)

wow that blows..i just got connected last week..i should of got dvr from the first place but we weren't sure if we could afford it..(yeah i know its only 6 bucks more)

You could threaten to cancel, I believe you have a month to decide if you want to stay with E*.

What is your level of programing? If you sub to 180 or higher there is no DVR fee.

And you are right, you should have got the DVR, $6/month is well worth it to time shift what you want to watch, record 2 shows at once, not to mention skipping the comercials.

CORRECTION-make that americas everything pak, as yaz96 states in the post below mine, thanks yaz

Jordan

Last edited:
Once you upgrade you'll wonder how you did without one.You can just go in the programming guide which goes out a week and highlight what you want to record and it does all the work for you.It always starts on time too.You can also transfer recorded material to dvd recorders or vcrs.

Getting a dual tuner receiver replaces two standard receivers that you have now. The amount of money that you save from not having to pay the additional outlet fee makes up for all but $1 of the $5.99 DVR fee if the phone line is connected at all times.

You could threaten to cancel, I believe you have a month to decide if you want to stay with E*.

What is your level of programing? If you sub to 180 or higher there is no DVR fee.

And you are right, you should have got the DVR, $6/month is well worth it to time shift what you want to watch, record 2 shows at once, not to mention skipping the comercials.

wrong, i on the 180 package, i do pay a dvr fee,

Talk to 'em and see if they'll work with you on something. I currently have a 622 feeding my HD set and my SD set in my BR. I'm thinking about buying an LCD set for my bedroom, so I called to see how much just another HD box (non DVR) for my bedroom would be. They said usually it would be _____(I forget right now), but the CSR would charge me the money and then give me a credit back off my bill for taht amount, since it had to show he was charging me. As it turned out, i didn't do it, cuz i decided to wait for the new TV, but my point is check with them and see.

At a minimum, it will cost you the $5.98 per month DVR fee (unless you buy an older 501, 508 or 721 DVR - such as on ebay - which are not subject to the monthly fee).

In terms of a one time up-front cost, it depends on whether your receiver is leased or purchased...
does the 510 dvr have a fee. Is there a phone line fee?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)