would you bite that offer?

update: Installation happened yesterday. Nice installer even though he didn't listen to me that the spot where the 1000 was, wasn't a good location . After it was all done and lots of pixelation on the voom channels later (129 was coming in crappy!) he called for help and 30 minutes later (with three installers!) it was all set and done.

I must say that before, when people were talking about the issue of HD lite with D* that I didn't t care much. I thought they were just being too picky (My apologies to Sean Mota!!!) . But when the 622 was turned on and I saw the picture quality I was really amazed!! :eek: And at first the tuner was set to 480p! When I set it to 1080i I was like WOW, now I have my HDTV working at full capability again! I recorded 2001 from HDNET and I was just hypnotized by the quality of picture, details etc. Even the SD picture look much better. I checked the other HD channels like HGTV and it was awesome. Voom channels, even though people here say are supposed to be HD Lite, still looked MUCH MUCH better than the picture I got with D*!

So, despite the horrible customer service, if you want better picture quality and more HD RIGHT NOW, I'd go with Dish. D* served me well last year when I couldn't get my locals OTA and I qualified for Distant HD networks. But currently IMO they sure aren't the leaders of anything. I disconnected 2 of my receivers with D* and kept one for my step kid until he leaves for college in two weeks. Then it's time to disconnect it all, sell my HD and regular Tivo and pay the fees for early cancellation. But, I still think it's worth it. By the time D* get their act together and get better than Dish it will be another year or so. By then my contract with dish will be close to running out anyway so I may consider switching back. But, RIGHT NOW is what matters to me!!

Just got off the phone with the lady from Dish's executive office after playing phone tag for the past week and she said the only reason I wasn't initially offered the "new customer promotion" is that we took too long to pay off a $16 balance when we cancelled service. She said she can work around that.... she's also willing to let me use a ClubDish # from a friend.

Dang! I was also considered a "new customer" even though I just disconnected the account last may. wonde if I can still use a clubdish??

hall said:
Just got off the phone with the lady from Dish's executive office after playing phone tag for the past week and she said the only reason I wasn't initially offered the "new customer promotion" is that we took too long to pay off a $16 balance when we cancelled service. She said she can work around that.... she's also willing to let me use a ClubDish # from a friend.

Fgsilva said:
then how do I do it? If that's gonna save me and somebody else some money I'm all for it!!!!
I had to go back and see if you dealt with the executive office or if you played CSR roulette and I see you played roulette. Do you by chance have that rep's extension ?? You could try them.... Or you could just try and play roulette again and look for a rep who'll apply it.

I do have the guy's number! now, all I need is a dishclub number!;)

hall said:
I had to go back and see if you dealt with the executive office or if you played CSR roulette and I see you played roulette. Do you by chance have that rep's extension ?? You could try them.... Or you could just try and play roulette again and look for a rep who'll apply it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts