Would you sacrifice ESPN-2HD and UHD to have other HD channels in full resolution?

Would you sacrifice ESPN2-HD and UHD to have other HD channels in full resolution?

• Yes, I'd rather have all other channels in True HD

Votes: 122 61.6%
  • No, I want ESPN2HD and Universal even if it means HD-lite

Votes: 65 32.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
Gary Murrell said:
who are the 35 that wanted HD-Lite ?? :mad:
show yourselves
-Gary

The selection did not say they wanted HD Lite. It said they wanted ESPN2 HD and Universal HD.

BTW: Those 2 channels are not the deciding factor for HD Lite. The deciding factor will likely be all those LIL HD Networks which seem to be testing at 720p regardless of the original format.

Last edited:
no, I will live with what ever rez I can get for now as long as I have the channels I want to watch.

chipvideo said:
The thing I don't understand it seems like there is no way in hell dish will sacrafice the voom channels. They can easily drop some of the voom and add espn2 and uhd in full resolution. You can't tell me that a espn or uhd is worth less than a voom channel. You can drop voom news and the ultra channel. As far as I am concerned you can drop all voom. YOu need to know when to stop.
You can't polish a turd.

I agree, I would rather dump the Voom channels in favor of Espn2 and UHD being in full rez !!! Of course that`s just MOP {My own opinion}

ESPN2HD will be full rez and most likely Universal as well since it will be on the same TP as 720p ESPN@, so there's no need to drop anything

JohnH said:
Well, it is hard to imagine Universal HD without Olympic Replays. :)

Well, if most of we existing customers have not received a receiver capable of receiving UHD, we will be doing just that--IMAGINING the Olympics anyway, so what do we have to lose?

You should run this poll again and ask if people would sacrifice true HD in order to get HGTV (Home & Garden TV) and the Food Network in HD. Dish just announced that they would be bringing those channel on-line later this year.

Gary Murrell said:
who are the 35 that wanted HD-Lite ?? :mad:
show yourselves
-Gary

BG on Universal HD in HD LIte is still better than the overcompressed picture we get on SciFi now. I chose HD lite only because I want the new channels.

I also reject the either/or argument. There is plenty of bandwidth available on 61.5 now and mpeg4 will free up more space once they complete the transition. There is no need to overcompress channels on the wings with so much bandwidth available.

long_time_DNC said:
HGTV-HD could be interesting, but the Food Network in HD? Why?

Iron Chef would be even better if you could see all the textures of the ingredients clearly and give you a "you are there" feeling.

My wife's family heritage is from the Tuscany region in Northern Italy so "Food" is a big deal in our house. She watches the Food Network like I watch ESPN.

NO---
MORE HD Channels....MORE HD Channels....MORE HD Channels....MORE HD Channels....MORE HD Channels....MORE HD Channels....MORE HD Channels....MORE HD Channels....

eddiew said:
How about getting rid of about 100 SD channels that really suck?
Yes and the locals too.What is there almost a hundred locals on 110 taking up all the bandwidth that could be used for better quality SD and great full rez HD. I bet 98% of DishNets customers dont need the locals anyways they are just to Lazy or stupid to put up a rooftop or attic mounted OTA antenna.

kelboy said:
NO---
MORE HD Channels....MORE HD Channels....MORE HD Channels....MORE HD Channels....MORE HD Channels....MORE HD Channels....MORE HD Channels....MORE HD Channels....

that is incorrect because we are not getting more HD Channe's, we are getting more phony HD-Lite channels

I like the way this poll is going, make's me fill good that my battle is not in vain on every forum, unlike others;)

-Gary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)