Would you sacrifice ESPN-2HD and UHD to have other HD channels in full resolution?

Would you sacrifice ESPN2-HD and UHD to have other HD channels in full resolution?

• Yes, I'd rather have all other channels in True HD

Votes: 122 61.6%
  • No, I want ESPN2HD and Universal even if it means HD-lite

Votes: 65 32.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
This was one of specific examples mentioned at CES.
And although the example is definitly artificial (why does it have to be these two channels?) Still, I am curious what forum members would prefer given a choice:

1. All current and upcoming HD channels (including all 15 VOOM channels) in full 1920x1080i resolution, but no ESPN2 in HD and no Universal HD, or

2. All 15 VOOM channels in HD-lite (1280x1080i) and ESPN2-HD plus UHD (in HD-Lite too)?

Well honestly ESPN barely has enough to fill content most of the time and I could deal w/o ESPN2 HD and esp UHD. But I am past that anyway, it is a moot point as far as I go because I already switched to Comcast for that reason. Although they don't have the HD Line-up E* at least they are showing it the way it was transmitted.

The thing I don't understand it seems like there is no way in hell dish will sacrafice the voom channels. They can easily drop some of the voom and add espn2 and uhd in full resolution. You can't tell me that a espn or uhd is worth less than a voom channel. You can drop voom news and the ultra channel. As far as I am concerned you can drop all voom. YOu need to know when to stop.

You can't polish a turd.

Well, the true sportsfan will want ESPN2 HD. Some complain about barely enough to fill ESPN HD, but they fail to realize that events occurring at the same time yield addiional content on ESPN2 HD that would not be in HD at all. The other evening there were 3 back-to-back basketball games in HD on ESPN2 HD.

As far as Universal HD goes, one might feel different when the Olympics occur in February. There are also quite a few movies there. Not to mention Battlestar Galactica. And Golf

If the SD channels are any kind of indication, the PQ on the HD will get better.

There will be More Channels, More Choices, regardless.

Last edited:
JohnH said:
As far as Universal HD goes, one might feel different when the Olympics occur in February.
Yes. As soon as they realise that there is no Olympics on UniversalHD... ;)

I refuse to pick a choice in this poll because I know the topic does not need to come down to an either or choice. Dish can provide more channels and full resolution they are just choosing not to. Heck the channels in the new package wont even be MPEG4 right away because they don't got it working yet. It's just a cover up to sell you the new equipment

I'm not posting misinformation and they sure as heck wont admit to what I'm saying in the chat anyways so no need to hold offf

i refuse to be part of this

how can you fall for BS like this

they fed these bimbos at ces....... to tell such story

yeah stick with the same story most people are so stupid they will believe it.

i have to tell you the people getting the messages from ces to us for CHARLIE

CHICKEN OF THE SEA they have the same brains as jessica simpson

IS IT REALLY CHICKEN?

Honestly most of the Voom should go cause do we really need them?

If they are going to be in HDlite mode then Dish can keep them and give me Espn 2 HD in full Hd and give us more HD PPV channels and cut half the SD channels that no one watches .

I'm curious if anyone is a fan of either gallery or ultra. I don't think I've watched either one for more that a couple minutes at most. The HDNews is lame in its current state, I think they should partner with some of the local news stations that are HD kind of like how All News Channel used to be.

The other thing is Dish is the distributor of voom, are they going to get a cable company to carry them in their current state?

kb7oeb said:
I'm curious if anyone is a fan of either gallery or ultra.
Not a fan, but I do like Gallery. Good concept - watching great art works (which I would never get a chance to see otherwise) in HD. I just wish they added new content. As for Ultra, it's my wife's absolute favorite channel. She watches it on a regular basis. She is anxiously waiting for the New York Fashion week Fall 2006 coming next month. Since you asked...

Here is the list of channels i like Dish to get rid of and in turn with the added bandwidth give us HDTrue!

1. Fung Fu- turn it on and its just shows in Jap and i have to read the text.

2. Ultra Voom
3. Gallery Voom

4. BTV 1
5. BTV 2
6. BTV 3
7. BTV 4

8. PAEC CH. 9418
9. HOLISTIC TV CH. 9417
10. GOOD SAMARITAN NETWORK CH. 9416
11. FSTV CH. 9415
12. UCTV CH. 9412
13. NAUHS CH. 9411
14. LINK CH. 9410
15. RFDTV CH. 9409
16. COLORS CH. 9407
17. ARTS CH. 9406
18. PNTGN CH. 9405
19. UWTV CH. 9404
20. BYUTV CH. 9403
21. PBS-U CH. 9402
22. HITN CH. 9401
23. RSRCH CH. 9400

NOW SPANISH STATIONS SINCE HEY, I SPEAK ENGLISH NOT SPANISH.

24. CCEF CH.884
25. ESPPV CH. 861
26.GLVSN CH. 833
27. FTRAE CH. 830
28. UNVSW CH. 828
29. UNVSN CH. 827
30. ACDEM CH. 826
31. GIVSN CH. 273 (AGAIN)
32. FTRAE CH. 271 (AGAIN)
33. UNVSN CH. 270 (AGAIN)

SHOPPING

Isnt QVC enough?

34. ISHOP CH. 229
35. SHNBC CH.228
36. JTV CH. 227
37. TBFC CH. 225
38. SAH CH. 224
39. MALL CH. 219
40. R&R CH. 216

And why are my locals in the 8000's and again in the low numbers?

So there u go atleast 40 channels i dont need and will NEVER watch . So dont Dish take these back and give me full HD?

A mood point here but why in the hell is Grease showing on CMT????

Dish Archiving Solution better choice than Blue Ray/FireWire?

Echostar Needs Advanced Customer Support Department

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)