Would you want the stb to display channel/clock?

jimmykce1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
I know some of you have been suggesting to have a clock displayed on Voom stb, so I am taking a poll to see what everyone would like.

VOOM should be displaying either a clock or the channel based on a user profile setting. Other stbs provide this simple request.

I agree and hopefully this feature can be added to the next software update.

None of the above, I only want these features if I could also turn them off if the display turns out to be too bright.

tdillon said:
None of the above, I only want these features if I could also turn them off if the display turns out to be too bright.
The same here. I do not want any bright lights in my viewing area (And the light on this STB is definitely too bright!)
Why is that we do not have the "None of the above" option in this poll?

I want it to show both, however I want an option of turning it off, Displaying the time only or Displaying the Channel number for a few seconds then flipping back to the time. :)

I should be able to turn it off and on at will.

I would probably always have the clock on.

I'm surprised the Voom boxes don't already have the clock on the front. Every other motorolla box made for Digital Cable has this.

Scott:

That is exactly what I would like to see as you post earlier. Maybe you can ask Voom to activate the clock and see what customers think.

We vote for the "neither" option as well as we don't want additional light in our viewing area. However, interesting question which was raised before but never polled.

Still watching HDTV under rainy Seattle skies, Gill

I wouldn't mind clock display during day time, as long as I can turn it off when I am watching a movie in the dark...

As for why it wasn't implemented, here is what Wilt wrote about this some time ago:
A decision was made by the product team, based on normal and most satellite receivers no to have the display.
Some like it, many don't so it's not there.

SeattleVoomer1 said:
We vote for the "neither" option as well as we don't want additional light in our viewing area. However, interesting question which was raised before but never polled.

Still watching HDTV under rainy Seattle skies, Gill

This is why I am asking for an option to turn it off or on.

jimmykce1 said:
This is why I am asking for an option to turn it off or on.
Not in the poll question though... ;)

Can someone add appropriate poll questions that would make the results of this poll useful?

option 4: both clock and channel only if the display could also be turned off.
option 5: I don't want any more lights on the box.

I vote for neither. Already have enough clocks in my home theatre set-up. Channel number??? How many of us can remember what programs are on what channel numbers beyond our favorite few? And an old fart like me has trouble remembering those. The "info" button tells me all that I want or need to know. Would change my vote to "both" if it can be turned off.

Turn the clock on already!!!!! It seems like a simple request. I really have no idea why it hasn't been on since the beginning.

vinnyv07 said:
Turn the clock on already!!!!! It seems like a simple request. I really have no idea why it hasn't been on since the beginning.

Apparently in their user testing, more people complained about the annoyingly bright light than people that liked having some kind of information displayed. I am leaning towards not wanting anything displayed.

tdillon said:
Apparently in their user testing, more people complained about the annoyingly bright light than people that liked having some kind of information displayed. I am leaning towards not wanting anything displayed.
At least give us a choice to turn it on or off. Then people could make up their own minds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts