Wow CBS-College HD= another stetch-o-vision P.O.S channel

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
Just like ABC-Family HD, you get the program in HD on the main network and 4:3 or stretch on the cable network, how lovely to see March Madness replays in B.S.stretch.

Last edited:
Ok you edited it so it makes some sense, but what do you mean by "you get the program in HD on the main network and 4:3 or stretch on the cable network"

Do you mean HD on CBS and 4:3 or stretch on CBSC?

What he mean is a program originally aired in HD...such as games from this years "March Madness" being rebroadcast on CBS-C in SD and also being stretched to fit 16:9.

I thought this station was going live/hd come Football season

It ain't football season yet. I remember last year when it was called CSTV that they show plenty of football during the season and they have a pretty good gameday setting too. I don't care how crystal clear a channel is if the program's not interesting then why would anyone watch it. I.E. NCAA Highlights.

Football season is right around the corner so they should be showing a good football game like AU/LSU, FL/TN or USC/ND, not freaking basketball. You show BB highlights in Oct-March. I'll never understand why some dipwad would pick 10,000 Kansas BB games to be shown instead of a good college football game that would instantly grab the rattings. I know what the OP is saying but I'll wait until I see the in studio show or game to reserve judgement.

I thought this station was going live/hd come Football season

This network annouced about a month ago that is will be showing hd starting this football season. Several Navy games along with replay of other major conference games will be in hd this season,

I'll give it till football season, Basketball doesn't start getting interesting until the Final Four. I wonder if CBSCS will be broadcasting the lesser conferences tournaments (Like the Patriot League or Missouri Valley Conference for instance).

Maybe the games they don't have room for on the regular network.

Like nearly every channel not part of the now gone Voom package, most of the content is upscaled, zoom-stretched, 4:3 repeats. HD is still a growing industry and we will eventually see more and more 16:9 HD content. As long as the new games are in HD when the time comes, I'll be happy with this new channel.

Like nearly every channel not part of the now gone Voom package, most of the content is upscaled, zoom-stretched, 4:3 repeats. HD is still a growing industry and we will eventually see more and more 16:9 HD content. As long as the new games are in HD when the time comes, I'll be happy with this new channel.

The problem I have is this was originally broadcast in HD on CBS and to show in this format on CBS-C is worse than awful. I watched about 45 seconds of it (just to make sure it wasn't because I was tired:D) and thought, "what garbage":(
I'd rather see the demo "fish channel" than a distorted picture like that. (Yeah, I don't mean the "WTF" channel, oops, should be "WFN".....)

It is a horrible waste of a good HD channel. I was expecting some good true 16:9 sports but all it is is SD stretch-o-vision just like Cartoon Network. There should be a law about stretching a 4:3 image to 16:9. So you have side pillars. At least it looks correct. Not like fat midgets.

Finally, the Towson State @ Navy gamce on 8.30 at 14:30CDT is in HD.

Also I've seen some of their recent shows in 4:3 and not stretched.

The Navy game looks pretty good. Now they just need to do as was already suggested and show things in HD if they were originally in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts