Wow...Dish Still Has Serious Equipment Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ksload

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
Eastern NC
Back to Dish today after a joyous VOOM experience.

Got the 942 and the 811. The 811 is an utter piece of crap. 3 hours and 3 reboots necessary. Dish tech support tells me that the "software tends to get messed up" so when I lose video and audio to power off and power back on.

So far I've lost audio and video twice and audio by itself once. Is this typical?

I must be lucky because I never had a problem with my three VOOM receivers in the year plus I had them, and my 942 and 811s are working perfectly in the week I have had them - not one hiccup or glitch...and I have put them through hell and back. So far the 942 appears to be an excellent receiver and the 811 acceptable IMO.

Two weeks for me with a 811 and no problems to speak of. I'd love a 942, but I'm too cheap to buy one. If they ever offer them for lease, I'll be all over it.

I have an 811 & a 30? and we ordered some of the interactive games for the grandkids and every time they play on the 811 we have to reboot because there is no sound. The other receiver works fine though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts