WoW, I am impressed with Dell's customer service..

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Here is my story..

I had a Dell XPS M1210 notebook with complete care. Well one day this laptop broke into pieces from a nasty fall from my balcony.

Call Dell and explained my situation, they said not to worry. We will fix your notebook since you are 100% covered.

Shipped the Notebook October 7th .. and hope for the best to get it repaired.

Well today the Fedex guy comes knocking at my business with a Dell Box... So I'd said ok my m1210 is fixed.

Opened the box and found a brand new Studio XPS 13 notebook.. Brand Spanking new !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dell you rox.. thanks for keeping this customer happy indeed.

BTW: I did not buy the m1210 new, it was actually purchased from Craigslist ($250) and the seller did say it was still covered by Dell.. when I checked the service tag it had like 100 days left of coverage.

Nice little laptop.. and its 64bit too. Just installed Windows 7 64bit + Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6 with the 10.61 update.. Impressed.

That is great. Wish all experiences from dell were like that.

pro96-

Good deal on your replacement. I still have the m1210. Did you ever get the Snow Leopard to install on the m1210? I tried but ran into trouble. There is a special download hack but I haven't tried it yet. It looked quite complicated to do. Then I checked and there were lots of bugs in the version that made it too goofy to depend on, such as no wifi etc.

pro96-

Good deal on your replacement. I still have the m1210. Did you ever get the Snow Leopard to install on the m1210? I tried but ran into trouble. There is a special download hack but I haven't tried it yet. It looked quite complicated to do. Then I checked and there were lots of bugs in the version that made it too goofy to depend on, such as no wifi etc.

Yea tried SL too but like you said.. extremely buggy which I did not like.
So I had 10.5.7 running fine even with the built in video card. I did keep the HDD myself when I sent my laptop for repair since I had alot of important data on it. Now that I have the New replacement, I kinda have this m1210 HDD on the side hehe.

It was a small HDD anyways, 60GB

I guess "complete care" is the difference here, I wonder how much that costs.

I have had nothing but crap out of dell support, took two weeks to get a dead hard drive replaced on a server with "next business day" service warranty.

Couple of years ago I inquired of a Dell rep at CES. he told me that the customer support for XPS series hardware is a different group, namely US based vs. India based. Personally, I have always found the Dell tech support to be top gun. I have purchased internal parts with their help. I was able to get a free CD to reinstall the special OEM partitions for Media Direct. Normally you won't get that kind of assistance from other companies.

Nice how the HDD just slides in with a Dell Caddy you can buy for cheap from their parts dept. I have 3 of them here. Makes experimenting very easy. I have my main drive, a Win 7 drive and an OS X experimental drive. It is a real project to swap out the drive on my MacBook Pro.

Accidental damage is an option with Dell warranties.

Dell has always come through in the end when I have dealt with them, but it can be bumpy sometimes. Last call to support I had with a sound issue on a laptop they told me they could not support the laptop since it had Vista Ultimate on it instead of Vista home premium that they shipped with it. Needless to say I was not in a good mood... My conversation when something like: So, you are saying if I exercise a windows option to do an anytime upgrade Dell ends support? I even talked to the supervisor and he agreed it ended... Well they called back a couple days later and said they were wrong and they could work on Vista Ultimate... Yeah I know overseas call center lack of training. The laptop was fixed and all is well, just a bumpy ride.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts