Wow, intro deals keep getting worse and worse

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

STL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Every time I consider coming back to DISH, I look at their intro-pricing deals and surprisingly they keep getting worse and worse. When I first looked, it was 2-year lock at $50/month (for the 120+ package) and that included DVR service. Then it went to a 3-year lock but the price no longer included DVR fees (for effectively $60/month). Then it went to the same pricing with only a 2-year lock. Now the price has gone up $5 more. Maybe DISH is focusing on giving discounts to their current customers (they sure weren't when I left) and are now less concerned about attracting new ones.

Every time I consider coming back to DISH, I look at their intro-pricing deals and surprisingly they keep getting worse and worse. When I first looked, it was 2-year lock at $50/month (for the 120+ package) and that included DVR service. Then it went to a 3-year lock but the price no longer included DVR fees (for effectively $60/month). Then it went to the same pricing with only a 2-year lock. Now the price has gone up $5 more. Maybe DISH is focusing on giving discounts to their current customers (they sure weren't when I left) and are now less concerned about attracting new ones.
Maybe it is time to jump on the deals before they get worse.

Prices are going up. You can thank the programmers for that. Dish probably has had to adjust their pricing to compensate with the high fees.

Boo hoo. I don't have much sympathy for jumpers.

Reactions: Slamminc11
Direct and the cable companies aren't offering any better deals. You have to bundle tv, internet and a home phone to get the best deals. Who wants a home phone? And when the deal ends, the prices are higher than Dish.

Reactions: STDog and KE4EST
But there are still deals, and when the deals are over DISH is usually cheaper per month than Directv or Cable....so I don't understand the problem here.

Reactions: Yespage and STDog
Direct and the cable companies aren't offering any better deals. You have to bundle tv, internet and a home phone to get the best deals. Who wants a home phone? And when the deal ends, the prices are higher than Dish.
Some people still use them. And if it means getting high-quality video service -- include local sub-channels and whole-home TiVo -- and fast internet for sixty bucks a month less than you would pay for satellite TV alone, I want the home phone.

Reactions: Tyralak and osu1991
Some people still use them. And if it means getting high-quality video service -- include local sub-channels and whole-home TiVo -- and fast internet for sixty bucks a month less than you would pay for satellite TV alone, I want the home phone.

I still have my CenturyLink POTS line, and wouldn't be without it. Of course I live where cellular reception is marginal even with a whole home signal amplifier. Works without the amp, but just barely. I like the old POTS line for reliability.

Promos come and go, some are better than others.

I like a land line also. Can turn off the cell for a break. The people that have my land line # I can count on 1 hand.

But there are still deals, and when the deals are over DISH is usually cheaper per month than Directv or Cable....so I don't understand the problem here.
Are they? I can no longer find the "normal" pricing on their website. That makes it really hard to compare.

Promos come and go, some are better than others.
I do expect some ebb and flow with deals, but they seem to just be trending to get worse and worse. Like I said, maybe DISH is focusing more on retaining customers now. By starting this thread, I had hoped people would chime in to confirm or deny that theory. All I know is my past experience with them; despite being a loyal customer for many years (and even through a move) they seemed all too eager to get my account cancelled when I was considering leaving.

Reactions: jcanavera
Have you looked at their Flex Pack?
Yes, but I am having trouble getting a clear picture of what all is in each pack; I keep getting "Sorry we are having trouble...try again" errors on their website. That said I think they have spread the channels around in such a way that it wouldn't make sense for a family like mine.

I do expect some ebb and flow with deals, but they seem to just be trending to get worse and worse. Like I said, maybe DISH is focusing more on retaining customers now. By starting this thread, I had hoped people would chime in to confirm or deny that theory. All I know is my past experience with them; despite being a loyal customer for many years (and even through a move) they seemed all too eager to get my account cancelled when I was considering leaving.

Me Too!! I think I figured out why.......Everybody's Leaving!!!! Bye Dish:wave

I got a good intro deal, in my opinion. It was the 3 year price lock deal. I got the deal plus a Hopper 3 upgrade at no charge. I moved from Directv because the cost there kept going up. I at least know what I will be paying for the next 2-3 years (the price lock is for 3 years, but am only committed to 2 years).