WOW! KWGN-2 CW channel in HD!

From http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...vity-report-10-29-2008-1-02pm-56-changes.html

6334(2) - KWGN [MPEG4 HD] - EchoStar5 129W TP 02 ConUS beam changed to Available (H)(Denver, CO)

Hmm, I haven't had it in my guide until recently, and have been recording SD. Oh well, maybe it's cuz I use favorites or HD only guide, (but that would have it, too!)..... foolish me....:eek:

OK, ham guy, have you been watching it since then, or did you just look up the uplink report? I don't remember anyone else mentioning it back in October.

Heck, I'm just happy we finally have a CW station at all in our area. Our WB station did not convert over to CW, and it took over TWO years to get one. During that time, Dish did not even offer us an out-of-market channel for free, we had to get the "superstations" to get it.

We finally have a CW channel, but it's broadcast as a subchannel on our ABC affiliate and it's pretty much the CW Plus channel, so there's very little chance we'll ever see it in HD. Sad thing was that even after they started offering it on a sub-channel OTA, it still took a few more months before it showed up on Dish.

Oh, sorry about the off-topic post ... Congrats to the OP for getting CW in HD!

Heck, I'm just happy we finally have a CW station at all in our area. Our WB station did not convert over to CW, and it took over TWO years to get one.

This doesn't make sense. WB stations turned into The CW and when that happened, WB ceased to exist. This was all a joint venture between WB and CBS hence the new name, The CW Network.

I for one hope our good friend Tony is very wrong. I even have an argument for why it should happen.

Dish does not carry any locals in some markets and they are mostly smaller ones like Elmira, NY, Binghamton, NY and Utica, NY come to mind right off the bat. If people in these markets have Dish, they must use OTA antennas for their locals and now that some markets have gone through the switch to digital, it has become apparent to the FCC that digital signals do not travel as far as analog. Congress forcing this switch and not helping the folks in rural areas will hurt many people. Congress really does not want to do that. What these folks really need is 3 things to happen.
1. Superstations in HD or it really is not fair to everyone.
2. All American Direct to offer the big four in HD.
3. PBS in HD to all somehow via locals or a national feed.

Just my thoughts.

Hmm, I haven't had it in my guide until recently, and have been recording SD. Oh well, maybe it's cuz I use favorites or HD only guide, (but that would have it, too!)..... foolish me....:eek:

OK, ham guy, have you been watching it since then, or did you just look up the uplink report? I don't remember anyone else mentioning it back in October.

I couldn't remember when it came on, so I did a search in the uplink reports. I was thinking it was around the first of the year though. Kinda surprised me that it was all the way back then.

This doesn't make sense. WB stations turned into The CW and when that happened, WB ceased to exist. This was all a joint venture between WB and CBS hence the new name, The CW Network.

I for one hope our good friend Tony is very wrong. I even have an argument for why it should happen.

Dish does not carry any locals in some markets and they are mostly smaller ones like Elmira, NY, Binghamton, NY and Utica, NY come to mind right off the bat. If people in these markets have Dish, they must use OTA antennas for their locals and now that some markets have gone through the switch to digital, it has become apparent to the FCC that digital signals do not travel as far as analog. Congress forcing this switch and not helping the folks in rural areas will hurt many people. Congress really does not want to do that. What these folks really need is 3 things to happen.

Just my thoughts.

There are UPN affiliates that now carry The CW. San Francisco comes to mind.

The company that owned the stations for WB and UPN in our area was Equity Broadcasting. They apparently had some sort of falling out with The CW and didn't re-up with them. The UPN station became a MyNetworkTV affiliate and the WB station hooked up with the Retro Television Network.

Is it just me, or are none of the shows in HD any more? For the last 2 weeks, everything I have recorded on KWGN has the "HD" icon next to it in my list, but it's all letterboxed SD for the shows, and most of the commercials are the size of a postage stamp for some reason. Is it just me, or is it a KWGN issue?

Is it just me, or are none of the shows in HD any more? For the last 2 weeks, everything I have recorded on KWGN has the "HD" icon next to it in my list, but it's all letterboxed SD for the shows, and most of the commercials are the size of a postage stamp for some reason. Is it just me, or is it a KWGN issue?

KWGN is relocating to a new facility and will not be broadcasting HD for a few days.

Just my thoughts.

Not all WB stations became CW stations it varied from market to market. As for whether tony is right or wrong I do not know. He did label it as his opinion though so take it for what it is worth. Congress is currently holding hearinga on a renewal/replacement for SHVERA i guess we will find out ina few months.

dish 500 hd?

522 and exterior antenna connection

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts