Wow . . . Over $300 and still no mets game

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I just got home after a long week of work to find out that I cannot watch my Mets game on Dish or Cox in Glastonbury, CT . . . real nice; real nice!!!

Thanks for letting me vent :)

You're probably out of our DMA. You might be better off downgrading your TV service and buying the MLB video service.

A) Complain to MLB about the blackout rules.

B) The reason you don't see WPIX listed anywhere is because it is part of the superstations pack.

C) Add the Superstation pack and watch your Mets.

Regards, Eric

Last edited:
Thanks Eric, for two or three games a year, not worth adding Superstations pack; and correct, MLB blackous all games in tri state area for mets and yanks

Thanks Eric, for two or three games a year, not worth adding Superstations pack; and correct, MLB blackous all games in tri state area for mets and yanks

WPIX has Mets games every sunday, so it's way more than "2-3 games a year".. also if you're in the Mets' claimed territory but don't get Sportsnet NY as your local RSN, you might want to get sportspack

Believe it or not, I get all Sunday games on WPIX (which is why I was shocked to see it this way tonight) as well as Sportsnet NY in HD

Believe it or not, I get all Sunday games on WPIX (which is why I was shocked to see it this way tonight) as well as Sportsnet NY in HD

I'm not too surprised. I believe ESPN has the Mets for the sunday night baseball game, so SNY probably allowed WPIX to have the rights to the friday game.

WPIX has like 25 games in 2008, fyi.

I'm not too surprised. I believe ESPN has the Mets for the sunday night baseball game, so SNY probably allowed WPIX to have the rights to the friday game.

WPIX has like 25 games in 2008, fyi.

WPIX and SNY are in the same market, most markets have two deals one for a regional sports channel and another for a free local broadcast. SNY does not have to give permission since the deals usually work that any game shown on the local channel are not broadcast on the rsn. Note: in New York, WPIX is a local channel and not classified as a superstation in that market.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts