Wpix (cw)

slocoma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
I pay an extra $1.50 per month for WPIX on channel 234.

Some time ago, I noticed that WPIX popped up on channel 251. Is WPIX or more importantly CW now part of a package that I don't need to pay extra for?

I don't have a local CW affiliate.

Sometime last year when WB and UPN combined to become the CW, Dish gave local cities in the East without a CW station WPIX (New York) and those in the West KTLA (Los Angeles) provided you subscribed to locals. If you get WPIX on 251 then that is the free version (with locals) and if you get it on 234 then that is the pay version.

Provided you don't have the other superstations and are getting a discount for having all 5, then I would go ahead and drop the one you are paying for on channel 234.

Sometime last year when WB and UPN combined to become the CW, Dish gave local cities in the East without a CW station WPIX (New York) and those in the West KTLA (Los Angeles) provided you subscribed to locals. If you get WPIX on 251 then that is the free version (with locals) and if you get it on 234 then that is the pay version.

Provided you don't have the other superstations and are getting a discount for having all 5, then I would go ahead and drop the one you are paying for on channel 234.

That's what I feared. So they let me pay for something all these months that I didn't have to pay for.

I dropped my superstation pack at that time and have saved about $60.00 in a year. I wouldn't have know about the change if it wasn't for these forums.

I called Dish this morning to inquire about why I was paying for a station that was part of a package I was already paying for, paying twice for the same channel.

It took the CSR 20 minutes before he realized that 251 was a channel Dish offered. He kept saying, we don't offer a channel on 251. I finally had to have him go on dishnetwork.com and look at the program guide that shows 234 and 251 being WPIX.

He removed the channel for me and I made sure he didn't charge me $5 for a programming change. I asked him for a $10 credit, but he wouldn't budge. I pay $100+ per month and they couldn't give me a freakin $10 credit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)