WPVI in Philadelphia Poor Signal

Super Dave

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Maple Shade, NJ
The satellite feed for WPVI HD has been dreadful since I switched to Dish 4 months ago. I mainly use the OTA to record anything, but there are times I would like to have the Sat feed available. I emailed Dish, the first time the response was garbage, fill out this form with signal strength, yada ... My email stated this was the ONLY channel we had a problem with, so it proved that the message was not READ, just a canned response.

I used an address from this board and received a much better response, there might be hope yet with this channel:

Dear Mr. Oropallo,
We are glad you wrote in! We are aware that WPVI has some issues. We have received several complaints on this channel. We have bundled up all of the emails including yours and given them to our engineering department. Please note that some of these issues can be cleared in matter of minutes and other times it can take awhile. Sometimes we not only have to look at our gear but work with your local providers. Thank you for your information, patience, and for being a valued customer.

EchoStar Satellite LLC

Quality Assurance Department

dishquality@echostar.com

Anyone else have issues with WPVI, pile on it can only help.

What issues are you seeing?

Since March when I signed up - Channel 6 is the only one to have periodic pixelation - the screen blurs out - this computer-screen looking green color swirls across your TV.

Yeah, basically the HD feed of Channel 6 that DISH gives us is sh*t. I've emailed the engineering department probably at least 5 times. They keep telling me they fixed it.

Another reason i'll leave for FIOS TV when it comes out next month here.

FIOS Next Month??

Another reason i'll leave for FIOS TV when it comes out next month here.

We just got the bill approved for FIOS in Jersey. Its coming to DE next month? I can't wait for the alternative but from what I've read....HD on that isn't much better because of all the same reasons...and the DVR is a mystery.

I know the DISH's WPVI isn't as good as OTA but I didn't think it was that bad. I have trouble with NBC 10s HD...but that looks bad OTA too.

WPVI OTA is a lot better than the Dish feed, but it still drops out for no reason. I have a signal strength of 100 and then poof, it's gone. The Dish feed is horrible, drops out, stutters, stammers, green blotches of pixels, sound loss, total picture loss, and this happens during every single show, no matter how long the show is.

WPVI OTA is a lot better than the Dish feed, but it still drops out for no reason. I have a signal strength of 100 and then poof, it's gone. The Dish feed is horrible, drops out, stutters, stammers, green blotches of pixels, sound loss, total picture loss, and this happens during every single show, no matter how long the show is.

The fact that it is happening with both Dish and your OTA could very well indicate that the main problem originates at the station itself.

The fact that it is happening with both Dish and your OTA could very well indicate that the main problem originates at the station itself.

It is both and if I can get Dish to get them to fix it then great. WPVI never responds to calls or emails, at least Dish did. And the problem on the sat feed is a lot worse. OTA might drop out for a second now and then, the Dish feed breaks up for minutes at a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)