Wrestlemania HD on E*: $65 of Macroblocking

The Ray

Original poster
Jul 17, 2007
Did anyone else catch this? I shelled out $65 to catch Wrestlemania in HD on Dish, and it looked like garbage.

I just don't get it. $65 is the most money I've ever paid to watch ANYTHING on TV, and I was treated to a bunch of pixels. I'm not just talking about pyro, either...every time a wrestler moved, he turned into a colored blocks. Give me a break.

Of course, I have nothing to compare it to, since PPV is the only way I can see wrestling in HD, since Dish STILL hasn't added USA or SciFi in HD. Still.

I can't tell you how much I regret signing that contract with them, instead of getting Directv.

Did anyone else catch this? I shelled out $65 to catch Wrestlemania in HD on Dish, and it looked like garbage.

I just don't get it. $65 is the most money I've ever paid to watch ANYTHING on TV, and I was treated to a bunch of pixels. I'm not just talking about pyro, either...every time a wrestler moved, he turned into a colored blocks. Give me a break.

Of course, I have nothing to compare it to, since PPV is the only way I can see wrestling in HD, since Dish STILL hasn't added USA or SciFi in HD. Still.

I can't tell you how much I regret signing that contract with them, instead of getting Directv.

Th only places I saw it was with the pyros. The in-ring action did not do it at all.

-SNT

Not sure this was Dish's fault. Friends locally tell me it sucked for similar reasons on TWC as well. Waiting to hear how it was on Comcast, but given their recent bit-starving exercise, I am not optimistic.

Ted

I didnt experience any of this when I watched it? There was no pixelations whats so ever. I have a Vizio 32''. Even after re watching it today I didnt notice anything bad.

The problem I had with pixilation was when they were next to the rear monitors for logos (the pixils ran off of the screens onto the wrestlers) but other than that (and the fact that the colors of red and blue made the wrestlers disappear) I thought it looked great. My buddy has comcast and they didn't offer him the HD version and she said the SD version was blurry as hell whiile mine was crisp as could be... made me sad to have to watch Flair's speech last night in SD.

That $65 would have went a long way towards paying off E*'s cancellation fee.

Wait a minute to hell with the pq are any of you all who shelled out $65.00 married or what. Damn my wife would have had my head on a platter plus for $65 i should be at the arena im a huge fan but i love my wife more. Wasnt even tempting that one lol .

Wait a minute to hell with the pq are any of you all who shelled out $65.00 married or what. Damn my wife would have had my head on a platter plus for $65 i should be at the arena im a huge fan but i love my wife more. Wasnt even tempting that one lol .

I had a few peeps come over and chip in, brought it down to about $10 per person.

My only issue was the ring lighting problem, overcast there and they waited to long to turn the ring lights on.. Most of the latter match looked a lil off..

Been married for 6 years and was able to shell out 65.00. . .Now I have made a deal withmy wife I get 2 PPV a year. . That being the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. But I didn't have any problems watching this in HD. . I have a RCA 54" Widescreen and it was the best I have ever seen! Projection HD at that and it was great

Last edited:

It was either that, or I was going to Hooters to watch it. :hungry:

-SNT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)