Wrong Satellite

captainamh

Jun 3, 2007
Hi Guys, I need help. I have a DishPro 500 Dual LNBF dish feeding a 311 receiver on my boat. I mount the dish on a fixed piling. I recently moved the boat to another slip a few miles away and re-mounted the dish. But, now I am getting satellites 119 and 129 instead of 119 and 110. I get absolutely NO signal on 110, but then both sides are occupied by a satellite (119 and 129). I have read other messages posted here and suspect I may not have the dish plumb, or somehow not aimed right. Also, maybe I need to unplug the coax and do a check to clear out the system before I start over. What are your suggestions? By the way, I get a strong 119 signal, over 100. Thanks for any advice!!

Hi Guys, I need help. I have a DishPro 500 Dual LNBF dish feeding a 311 receiver on my boat. I mount the dish on a fixed piling. I recently moved the boat to another slip a few miles away and re-mounted the dish. But, now I am getting satellites 119 and 129 instead of 119 and 110. I get absolutely NO signal on 110, but then both sides are occupied by a satellite (119 and 129). I have read other messages posted here and suspect I may not have the dish plumb, or somehow not aimed right. Also, maybe I need to unplug the coax and do a check to clear out the system before I start over. What are your suggestions? By the way, I get a strong 119 signal, over 100. Thanks for any advice!!
well you are off 10 degrees right and your elevation may be off some too depending on your location (read plumb)

Mast is definitely not level, you can either level this out. Or you can bump the elevation up 2 degrees and move the dish to the left. When I mean left, this is when you are standing behind the dish.

Everyone is saying his mast isn't level...in reality his elevation is too low, which COULD be caused by the mast not being level. Dont know what area you are in, but in the mid atlantic area you will need to raise elevation about 4 degrees and aim the dish 9 degrees to the east.

Thanks for the help!!!

I re-mounted the footing and got the mast plumb and now have full reception. It was a bit of a challenge, since the piling is tapered, but some shims, and a slight re-location did the trick. Once I got the mast plumb, it took about 10 minutes to get the proper signals. MANY THANKS to all for the help, and I could not get the proper elevation, skew, etc. until I got the mast plumb.

I re-mounted the footing and got the mast plumb and now have full reception. It was a bit of a challenge, since the piling is tapered, but some shims, and a slight re-location did the trick. Once I got the mast plumb, it took about 10 minutes to get the proper signals. MANY THANKS to all for the help, and I could not get the proper elevation, skew, etc. until I got the mast plumb.

joy, joy

:up:bounce

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts