WSI still in business?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JohninSD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2009
San Diego
I've sent 3 emails to every WSI address I could find on their website and haven't received a reply. Anyone know if they're still around? I'm trying to get help with an SG9120B on which the warranty expires in a few weeks.

I've been waiting for a response also. But with the history I have had with them, I really didn't expect a response. It 's unfortunate because they won't earn any repeat business from me.

Have you not tried calling?

If a business offers support via email, I would expect to not have to call as well. My situation is not warranty, I wanted to buy something if they sell it. But I can't find out. So no sale.

I would call as they could be having server or internet issues. Let's just hope they are not on voip and everythings down haha.

WSI has been good to me since they are local.. No overpriced shipping like most do and cash and carry prices from Robbie like the Cband dish deal..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The last time I called was a couple of months ago with some questions about a couple of items. I ended up talking to Robie for well over an hour! :D

I called the LA office today and they answered the phone like normal. Robbie does travel a lot so perhaps thats why you didn't receive an email response but they have a toll free number so give them a call.

but if you're busy usually an e-mail should work just as well as a phone call and you can check it on YOUR time

If someone has e-mail support then they should check it at least once a day.

Well I took all the advice here and called WSI last Monday - the person who answered the phone gave me another number to call and ask for "Tom", a technician. I called that number and spoke with Tom, who agreed that there was a hardware problem and told me to send the motor in for repair. To do this, one must first obtain an RA number - which is done by filling out a form on the website and waiting for an email containing the RA number. The website says that items received without an RA number will be refused. So I filled out the form - a week ago - I haven't yet received an RA number - I have however ordered a DG380 from Sadoun.

I like email: it's the most efficient and maintains a record of transactions for later reference. But you must follow up email (preferably by phone) if there is no response to your email in reasonable time since people can sometimes get too many email to handle. For obtaining an RA number, one day is reasonable to wait -- then phone.

Last fall an item I ordered arrived in the mail box. Wrong item. Thought of call, E-mail, or chat. Took the chat. Told the chat person wrong item and was asked what I received. She stated she entered the correct item and it would be out that day. Asked me if I could E-mail her a picture of what I received. No problem, did so. Four days later, correct item arrived. She even stated I could keep the wrong item. I looked it up and it was $10 or $11.

Some companies do everything to help and others, as an example, see my signature, took 2 -1/2 weeks to send the RMA after filling out a LONG form. Some companies should just not be in business.....

The RA# email finally showed up last night - one week after I filled out the request. By coincidence the DG380 I had ordered from Sadoun also showed up yesterday. I installed it this morning, took about an hour to get it installed and tracking - works great. The SG9120 is ready to go to the PO or UPS tomorrow morning to be shipped back to WSI. If they repair it or replace it I'll have a spare motor.

Received the motor back from WSI - they replaced a limit switch and now it seems to work - I just hooked it up to a receiver and used the manual button to move it from one end of its travel to the other. It's now on a shelf as a spare. Took just one day short of a month from the time I first inquired to the time I received the repaired motor back. Apparently they don't check incoming email very often so it is best to call - I've dealt with other websites like that and many of them have a note on the site that it is better to call - perhaps WSI should put such a note up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)