WTB - HDHomeRun Prime

The Prime 6 has not been released. The official line is that it remains "In Development".

The Prime 3 has long been discontinued but there are several on eBay and there was a used one on Amazon earlier today but it is gone now.

Given the requirement that you provide your own DVR to work in conjunction with the tuners, I'm not sure the Prime series of tuners makes sense compared with some of the other options.

The Prime 3 has long been discontinued but there are several on eBay and there was a used one on Amazon earlier today but it is gone now.

Given the requirement that you provide your own DVR to work in conjunction with the tuners, I'm not sure the Prime series of tuners makes sense compared with some of the other options.
It does make sense for my use case, because I already have a Channels DVR server running on a NAS. I know there are several Prime 3's on eBay, but I was hoping to avoid marked up eBay prices in the event that someone on this site has a Prime 3 that they don't use anymore.

It does make sense for my use case, because I already have a Channels DVR server running on a NAS. I know there are several Prime 3's on eBay, but I was hoping to avoid marked up eBay prices in the event that someone on this site has a Prime 3 that they don't use anymore.
It makes sense only if you subscribe to a cable TV service that doesn't flag most of their content (Spectrum and Optimum are reportedly doing this in some markets). Channels honors the copy-once flag (no recording). Other operators will flag only the premium movie channels (and perhaps the Fox channels).

Ideally, you could use TV Anywhere support to record the movie content with a reduced level of quality.

It makes sense only if you subscribe to a cable TV service that doesn't flag most of their content (Spectrum and Optimum are reportedly doing this in some markets). Channels honors the copy-once flag (no recording). Other operators will flag only the premium movie channels (and perhaps the Fox channels).

Ideally, you could use TV Anywhere support to record the movie content with a reduced level of quality.

I sent you a PM.. I have one I would consider selling. I have two TiVo's, one currently with a Cable Card and one currently for OTA. I'm going to move my CableCard from my Prime to the 2nd TiVo so I have 8 tuners of Cable. Like you I use Channels DVR for OTA and TVEverywhere. I was hoping to eventually move Cable to it too, but 3 tuners just isn't enough. I'll keep Channels for OTA, and keep TiVo for Cable until the Prime 6 materializes (if it ever does)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)